Around the World in 37 Years

Here I am 17 minutes later.

I climbed this thing. That was hard. I blame some of it on the altitude.

Here’s some chalk I bought (I’ve never had any before) and some really beautifully colored beer. It tasted great too.

Here’s a video of the bridge at Orchy. It’s apparently the bridge that Liam Neeson jumped off of with a rope around Tim Roth’s neck in the movie “Rob Roy”

I also visited Celtic Park

Cool pics and video, Nards. Good to know you had a good time and glad to have you back.

Thanks. I missed this place.

I think I missed two or three shake weight threads and when I saw Iron Dwarf’s new avatar I figured there was a new thing about tits to replace Wormwood’s hat thing.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Here’s that supposedly big fish supper[/quote]

Wow, that’s normal portion size in the US. I’ve eaten twice that amount as a regular meal before.

Thats cool Phileas.

While in Glasgow did you try any Haggis or deep fried battered Mars Bar Deep-fried Mars bar - Wikipedia or better still, Pizza Crunch? Deep-fried pizza - Wikipedia

While eating a deep fried battered Mars Bar I could actually feel the blood slow down entering my heart, as my main arteries instantaneously began to clog up!

I never had the pleasure of the other two delicacies maybe JackUrboady can fill us in?

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
HAHA. Nards, your posts never cease to make me laugh.

Tell mom I said hello.[/quote]

X 2 on Nate

I didnt know Nards was a Canuck? Where you from old man?

originally Ottawa but later Winnipeg. Now I’m in Taiwan.

I didn’t have any haggis, I’v had it before, but it’s like lots of organ meats…tastes funny and you don’t really want to eat it every day, or week, or month.

^ your avatat “They Live” sick movie…shitty ending.

[quote]Squiggles wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Here’s that supposedly big fish supper[/quote]

Wow, that’s normal portion size in the US. I’ve eaten twice that amount as a regular meal before.[/quote]

Seriously. If it came with some veggies and a fruit salad with a desert then I’d consider it like… kinda big?

I had other fish & chip suppers while I was there are most were only a little smaller than the supposed challenge one.
I was even hungry after because I’d only had oatmeal and an egg for breakfast with no lunch in anticipation of a real gut buster.

I just googled the restaurant (Harry Ramsden’s) and found a blog where some guy ate there and finished it in 20 minutes. he seems like a regular guy and didn’t have much of a problem.

Nice pics and vids Nards, glad you had a good time in the ol’ UK.