T Nation

Aromatase Inhibitor Dosage?

I’m not going to ask you guys to completely evaluate my condition in this post, there is just one specific thing I’d like to know.

I was previously prescribed Clomid for secondary hypogonadism. My physician says that my estrogen is now too high (I don’t have the number in front of me, but he said that it’s almost high enough to be normal for a female), so he prescribed “Anastrozole”, an aromatase inhibitor.

I didn’t take a close look at the script, but when I picked up the drug from the pharmacy, I received four tabs, each containing 1 mg. The instructions said to take this just once per week. I’ve been doing this for four weeks now, and my fatigue, the primary symptom I’ve been trying to overcome, actually became much worse last week to the point that I missed work.

My question is for today,
Is this an appropriate dosage of this “Anastrozole”, or could I have inadvertently been given too low a dose by either the physician or the pharmacist?

In any case, I will be getting back in touch with the doctor to clarify this.

Are you taking all 4 tabs once a week, or one tab once a week? Four tabs once a week is most likely much, much too high. One tab, once a week most likely isn’t idea either as I believe Anastrozole has a half life of 6 days. Try quartering the 1mg tab and taking it over the course of the week.

You may also be an over responder and require even less.

When I was over-medicated with Anastrozole I could barely get out of bed in the AM.

Pin, read the advice for new guys sticky and the one on estradiol.

Your case is now spread across 3 threads, bad idea.

Clomid makes some guys feel like crap, acts like an estrogen because it is an estrogenic chemical. Just happens to affect some guys.

If SERM or hCG dose is too high, T–>E2 inside the testes can be very high and AI drugs do not work there. What is your dose. Tablets mean nothing, we need mg’s

Need anastrozole dosing and clomid dosing.

If you feel OK on clomid and now not with anastrozole, stop anastrozole for 5-6 days and then try a smaller dose, divided doses, 3 times per week or EOD.