Arnold Schwarzenegger, the Truth

lol

[quote]Severiano wrote:

[quote]peach black wrote:
Pumping Iron is a movie.
Arnold played a role; in the 80s nobody would have given a shit about two or three oiled up guys just posing and flexing.
They had to make it interesting for an audience which wasn’t into bodybuilding.[/quote]

That being said, watching the film again, look how Arnold treats his competition. Look at Lou Ferrigno and how much he and his trainers are eaten up by Arnold. You see Ferrigno pumping out sets yelling Arnolds name. Not Arnolds fault, as Ferrigno is ultimately responsible to himself for how he feels/ felt and trains. But it shows that mind games and bullshit weren’t beyond Arnold.

The story Arnold tells about his fathers funeral with very little emotion is similar to how he talks about cheating on his wife and denying one of his sons… He seems to have nothing for people other than himself at the end of the day. Just saying, this is the real Arnold, I could think heaps of lifters, or everyday people I’d rather sit down and have a beer with.

[/quote]

You do realize that entire story about his father isn’t real? So much of this movie was scripted. It was reality tv before mtv (talking about pumping iron)

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Pretty good Arnold call-out, but not as good as this:

[…]Me and my cousin left and I probably took it out on some punk in a bar, I can’t remember. People, bodybuilders are the most INSECURE people on the planet. […][/quote]

I agree with his second sentence, and its confirmed by his first.

[quote]Highjumper wrote:

[quote]Severiano wrote:

[quote]peach black wrote:
Pumping Iron is a movie.
Arnold played a role; in the 80s nobody would have given a shit about two or three oiled up guys just posing and flexing.
They had to make it interesting for an audience which wasn’t into bodybuilding.[/quote]

That being said, watching the film again, look how Arnold treats his competition. Look at Lou Ferrigno and how much he and his trainers are eaten up by Arnold. You see Ferrigno pumping out sets yelling Arnolds name. Not Arnolds fault, as Ferrigno is ultimately responsible to himself for how he feels/ felt and trains. But it shows that mind games and bullshit weren’t beyond Arnold.

The story Arnold tells about his fathers funeral with very little emotion is similar to how he talks about cheating on his wife and denying one of his sons… He seems to have nothing for people other than himself at the end of the day. Just saying, this is the real Arnold, I could think heaps of lifters, or everyday people I’d rather sit down and have a beer with.

[/quote]

You do realize that entire story about his father isn’t real? So much of this movie was scripted. It was reality tv before mtv (talking about pumping iron)[/quote]

I can’t believe nobody hasn’t mentioned this yet. Has anyone here read his new(ish) book? The stuff about his father is fake, the stuff about cumming during pumping iron fake and the entire Lou V Arnold psyche outs were all fake.

They were just made up to arouse people’s attention/curiosity as to how they acted and to try to improve the popularity of bodybuilding at the time. Yes, Arnold certainly isn’t a family man and some things that he has done in his life weren’t like a model citizen but he is certainly an inspiration in regards to his mindset and dedication.

I can definitely see both sides of the coin in terms of ‘sportmanship’ that you guys are discussing… however, when it comes to Arnold, I think there is a bigger point to be viewed.

Despite all the fame, success and poontang, I think it’s important to highlight how long, and how well Arnold held it together. He transitioned from one industry into another like it was nothing. We all want the success and the fame, but we also know how hard it is to keep it up and stay focused, stay hungry and keep accomplishing the goals we set for ourselves.

Arnold was able to accomplish all of that, and I think that is something we should honor and respect whenever his name is brought up.

[quote]Severiano wrote:

I guess, thinking about Arnold and The Pumping Iron film as an adult pulls out the magnifying glass on Arnold and compares him to his predecessors of today (in a sense). [/quote]

How is it possible for Arnold to have predecessors of today?