Arnold Schwarzenegger Museum

The bottom line is that we all hold certain people , public figures, athletes…and so on, in higher regard than “normal” people. Why? Because they are famous or great at their chosen sport? Regardless of status or talent, they are all still people. They all have the same temptations that we all have. Arnold bends a few rules and commits adultery and all of a sudden peoples “opinion” changes of him.

I never looked up to Arnold and felt inspired by him because he was the 2nd coming of Christ in moral virtue. I idolized the guy because he was the most ferocious, gifted, over the top bodybuilder of all time. His work ethic in and out of the gym is inspiring no matter how much of a bastard he may or may not be. At least he was never like the cry baby, spoiled brat athletes of today that aren’t happy with their multi million dollar contracts and countless endorsements.

These guys bitch and moan about every little thing and want to be treated like Gods because they can catch a fucking football or jump higher that the next guy. Then when they do fuck up they have top lawyers to cover their tracks and they get praised for being the new “bad boy” of their sport. Regardless of what people want to say about the man Arnold always presented himself with class and respect in his sport.

Arnold has done things for bodybuilding that no one will ever do again and he has also brought health and fitness to the world like no one will ever do again. He has attacked and succeeded in everything he ever set out to do and has always done so with a huge smile on his face and a positive attitude.

So he has showed his human side and that he is flawed just like the rest of us. This in no way changes or lessen his accomplishments or the millions of us that he has inspired throughout the years.

[quote]inkcreep wrote:
The bottom line is that we all hold certain people , public figures, athletes…and so on, in higher regard than “normal” people. Why? Because they are famous or great at their chosen sport? Regardless of status or talent, they are all still people. They all have the same temptations that we all have. Arnold bends a few rules and commits adultery and all of a sudden peoples “opinion” changes of him.

I never looked up to Arnold and felt inspired by him because he was the 2nd coming of Christ in moral virtue. I idolized the guy because he was the most ferocious, gifted, over the top bodybuilder of all time. His work ethic in and out of the gym is inspiring no matter how much of a bastard he may or may not be. At least he was never like the cry baby, spoiled brat athletes of today that aren’t happy with their multi million dollar contracts and countless endorsements.

These guys bitch and moan about every little thing and want to be treated like Gods because they can catch a fucking football or jump higher that the next guy. Then when they do fuck up they have top lawyers to cover their tracks and they get praised for being the new “bad boy” of their sport. Regardless of what people want to say about the man Arnold always presented himself with class and respect in his sport.

Arnold has done things for bodybuilding that no one will ever do again and he has also brought health and fitness to the world like no one will ever do again. He has attacked and succeeded in everything he ever set out to do and has always done so with a huge smile on his face and a positive attitude.

So he has showed his human side and that he is flawed just like the rest of us. This in no way changes or lessen his accomplishments or the millions of us that he has inspired throughout the years.[/quote]

Well said sir!

I never said his achievements in and for bodybuilding were any less significant. I still admire those qualities. It’s the MAN himself that I do not uphold as a model for decency and justice.

[quote]inkcreep wrote:

So he has showed his human side and that he is flawed just like the rest of us. This in no way changes or lessen his accomplishments or the millions of us that he has inspired throughout the years.[/quote]

I’m not sure about the whole connection between Arnold and health, as I think natural bodybuilding is something that one’s body tolerates during one’s younger years (which does not mean it’s healthy) and drugged bodybuilding is something that often leaves you dead by early middle-age; most people don’t have the money (and often the smarts) to afford treatment for the consequences of bodybuilding like Arnolds do. All manner of extreme pursuit of masculinity and dominance tends to come with injuries and pain and at the expense of long term health, with the hope that the gains make up for the costs.

The inspiration he has provided to many is undeniable though. Even if health and fitness are the last things on the mind of a young man who wants to emulate Arnold.