T Nation

Arnold & Presidential Fitness

my friend brought up this topic and i totally agree. years ago, arnold was appointed national spokesperson or some kind of title like that for the presidentual fitness tests. go around and promote fitness to little kids in school. why in the hell would the pres of the usa pick a guy that took steroids his whiole life, and why would this guy accept this job, knowing he took illeagle drugs to make him look better? wonder what he told those kids he visited at all those schools?

Ill eagle

If this topic upsets you, you are seriously naive to the corruption of the gov’t and some of it’s agencies (USDA, FDA)

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
If this topic upsets you, you are seriously naive to the corruption of the gov’t and some of it’s agencies (USDA, FDA)[/quote]

If you take any random three letters from the alphabet the agency probably exists and is indeed willing to fleece you.

Because he was also Hollywoord Actor and Politician.

Say what you want but Arnold is a legend, kids will listen to what he says.

First of all, when Arnold took steroids, they were not considered illegal and were not a controlled substance. Second of all, steroids should never have been made illegal: the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990 is a complete fucking farce. Members of the AMA, FDA, DEA and NIDA all testified that anabolic steroids should not be classified as controlled substances, but did congress listen: no. Apparently they know more than the entire medical profession.

Get off your high horse. Arnold was a positive social influence who contributed a lot more good than bad. From Wikipedia:

“Schwarzenegger was appointed Chairman of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports in the administration of George H. W. Bush from 1990 to 1993. During that time, Schwarzenegger traveled across the U.S. promoting physical fitness to kids and lobbying all 50 governors in support of school fitness programs. “He would hit sometimes two or three governors in a day in his own airplane, at his own expense, somewhere around $4,000 an hour,” said George Otott, his chief of staff at the time…He later served as Chairman for the California Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports under Governor Pete Wilson.”

^ win

[quote]spk wrote:
my friend brought up this topic and i totally agree. years ago, arnold was appointed national spokesperson or some kind of title like that for the presidentual fitness tests. go around and promote fitness to little kids in school. why in the hell would the pres of the usa pick a guy that took steroids his whiole life, and why would this guy accept this job, knowing he took illeagle drugs to make him look better? wonder what he told those kids he visited at all those schools?[/quote]

I’m sure he told the kids, to be sure to eat healthy, exercise, set goals, and follow their dreams. I’ve done a drug before and that’s what I tell my daughter.

[quote]The Greek wrote:
First of all, when Arnold took steroids, they were not considered illegal and were not a controlled substance. Second of all, steroids should never have been made illegal: the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990 is a complete fucking farce. Members of the AMA, FDA, DEA and NIDA all testified that anabolic steroids should not be classified as controlled substances, but did congress listen: no. Apparently they know more than the entire medical profession.

Get off your high horse. Arnold was a positive social influence who contributed a lot more good than bad. From Wikipedia:

“Schwarzenegger was appointed Chairman of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports in the administration of George H. W. Bush from 1990 to 1993. During that time, Schwarzenegger traveled across the U.S. promoting physical fitness to kids and lobbying all 50 governors in support of school fitness programs. “He would hit sometimes two or three governors in a day in his own airplane, at his own expense, somewhere around $4,000 an hour,” said George Otott, his chief of staff at the time…He later served as Chairman for the California Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports under Governor Pete Wilson.”
[/quote]

/end thread

Fuck man, am I the only one that still loves Arnold?

[quote]Nards wrote:
Fuck man, am I the only one that still loves Arnold?[/quote]

Nope - he could have cheated on skeletor with 100 fat Mexican maids and I’d still be a fan.

Ha!

The funny thing is he and Maria started looking more and more alike every year!

[quote]The Greek wrote:

[/quote]

Glad to see this. Worried that lemmings actually believe what was in the OP.

[quote]The Greek wrote:

[/quote]

Well said!

“Do as I say, not as I do.”

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
“Do as I say, not as I do.”[/quote]

He told you.

In the video posted in another thread specifically.

He does not care about rules, or the law, he cares about what it takes and does it.

Obviously he will not come out and state it that way, but if you read and listen, that is what he always did.

The same with Armstrong, if you let other people define the terms of your success, you will probably not be successful and to a large degree people decrying those mens “lack of ethics” are bemoaning their own lack of balls.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
“Do as I say, not as I do.”[/quote]

Yeah, how dare the government elect an embodiment of the American Dream to try and get children to exercise?

I’m sure he’s not going to teach them where to stick a syringe.

Conan the Destroyer will always be my hero.