Arnold is Going to Be in Terminator 5!

[quote]Edevus wrote:
I haven’t watched the fourth one and I won’t be watching this one.

I absolutely love the first one and really like the second one. I don’t want the saga ruined for me. It’s like with Aliens, for me it’s a trilogy.

This scene is one of my favourites in all movie history :

Hey, the new movie will not be a continuation of the trilogy that T5 was supposed to be the first of. (thanks, deity of choice).

So there is some hope. The new guys behind the movie made this point abundantly clear… Maybe they are fans of the original?

As for aliens… I liked 1 and especially 2 (if 2 was the colony attack, that is?)… But the prison one was fucking horrible imo.

Man, I’ve said it before, but… I really miss movies like Aliens 2 (or whatever the colony movei was), Fifth Element (yes it’s a parody, but it was a kind of epic movie you virtually don’t get today), Judge Dredd (Story is whatever, but I personally loved it…), Terminator 1…

We’ve had a few great movies in a similar vein since, but not many… Maybe it’s just me being biased because I watched that stuff when I was younger and those were some of the first movies that weren’t cartoons that I watched in English…

I’m a fan of Alien 3. I think Alien trilogy works great because all three movies have its own style, but without losing the “touch” that makes all three very similar. The fourth one had a different style, more actual, with bit stupid characters and the plot was bad, very bad. The first one is a terror movie, the second one is action and the third one is more “philosophical”. I didn’t like it at first, but I’ve watched it a few more times and I rank all three movies at same level right now, with the second one being a bit above the other two but that’s because I love Michael Biehn (Reese!).

Many people hate Alien 3 due to the intro, with Hicks and Newt being killed, but otherwise the movie wouldn’t have worked. With Biehn alive, a soldier, the movie wouldn’t have had that “we’re all vulnerable” touch. And having a little girl around those horny prisoners may have worked, but they already try to rape Ripley and I guess that’s enough.

So I recommend you to watch Alien 3 again.

Also, Alien 3 has this :

Best Fox intro ever. Sets the mood automatically.

Zzzzzz.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
T3 sucked. It was nothing but flash and eye candy. All they did was try (poorly) to outdo the second one…by getting an even bigger truck to run down the lead…or getting a girl with huge boobs to be the Terminator. While I’m not faulting them on the boobs, the substance was just missing.

We went from a discussion of destiny to basically saying it doesn’t matter because what’s written will happen no matter what.

Salvation wasn’t bad at all. But still…it wasn’t the Sci-fi break through that the second was.

T3 should have never been made.[/quote]

You’re delusional . Her boobs weren’t that huge. Other than that I agree with you.

I love my memories of Arnold and well, to put it bluntly, it’s about his larger than life physique.

He simply doesn’t have that anymore, sure he looks great ( though in the shot of him on a bicycle he was flexing as hard as I am in my pics…maybe even sucking in his gut as much also) but it’s like Harrison Ford doing that fourth Indiana Jones movie so late (I think he should have done it in the mid 90s…not waiting for no good reason till 2008)

[quote]tom63 wrote:

T3 sucked. It was nothing but flash and eye candy. All they did was try (poorly) to outdo the second one…by getting an even bigger truck to run down the lead…or getting a girl with huge boobs to be the Terminator. While I’m not faulting them on the boobs, the substance was just missing.

We went from a discussion of destiny to basically saying it doesn’t matter because what’s written will happen no matter what.

Salvation wasn’t bad at all. But still…it wasn’t the Sci-fi break through that the second was.

You’re delusional . Her boobs weren’t that huge. Other than that I agree with you.[/quote]

I don’t know if this proves you or Professor X right, but there’s a scene in the movie where she self-inflates her nay nays.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]tom63 wrote:

You’re delusional . Her boobs weren’t that huge. Other than that I agree with you.[/quote]

I don’t know if this proves you or Professor X right, but there’s a scene in the movie where she self-inflates her nay nays.[/quote]

This is the only part of the conversation that stuck me… For some odd reasons!

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Terminator Salvation was actually good. I thoroughly enjoyed it. T3 is the one I really didn’t like.

But I agree, T5 might not be that exciting.
[/quote]

THIS

I still haven’t seen the last one…

Is it Blue ray worthy?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Is it Blue ray worthy?[/quote]

Buy or Rent?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Buy or Rent?[/quote]

Buy.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Buy or Rent?[/quote]

Buy.[/quote]

Nope in my opinion. Do you have Starz, HBO etc and a DVR?

Nice new avi by the way Double D, you look bigger.

Blu Rays to buy would be Captain America and Thor. Go out and get Batman Dark Knight or Inception.

Salvation is NOT a bad movie. It just wasn’t ground breaking and runs a little slow. Bale is a great actor…but he isn’t Conner. He was overshadowed by the Cyborg in the movie.

It was a way better attempt than T3 though…but it isn’t one of those movies I’ve watched 50 times like Iron Man 1.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Buy or Rent?[/quote]

Buy.[/quote]

Nice new avi by the way Double D, you look bigger.[/quote]

lol. No, I don’t even have cable. I have rabbit ears and movies.

And thanks, I’m actually down in weight.

They should give Roland Kickinger a chance.

Blu Rays to buy would be Captain America and Thor. Go out and get Batman Dark Knight or Inception.

Salvation is NOT a bad movie. It just wasn’t ground breaking and runs a little slow. Bale is a great actor…but he isn’t Conner. He was overshadowed by the Cyborg in the movie.

It was a way better attempt than T3 though…but it isn’t one of those movies I’ve watched 50 times like Iron Man 1.[/quote]

Bale was why I’d consider buying it, he’s one of my favorite actors. But if he isn’t great in the role, I’ll probably pass on it.

Thanks.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
I wonder what role he is going to play… [/quote]

A retired William Candy?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Buy or Rent?[/quote]

Buy.[/quote]

Nice new avi by the way Double D, you look bigger.[/quote]

lol. No, I don’t even have cable. I have rabbit ears and movies.

And thanks, I’m actually down in weight.[/quote]

Then I would redbox it.

Are you still competing in PL?

What you dropping weight for?

Edit: Also Bale is just very limited scenes in this movie also, way more scenes of the Ausie. I think they fucked up by first 3/4 of movie its with the Ausie (forget his name) and then try to get you emotionally tied with Bales character at the end.

[quote]roybot wrote:
They should give Roland Kickinger a chance.[/quote]

Great idea!

I’m surprised this hasn’t been suggested earlier.

I wonder if the casting agent considered him?