Arnold in Todays Bodybuilding

He would have tp bring up those wheels.

[quote]BIG-GEORDIE wrote:
His chest overpowers his shoulder’s and he had weak hamstrings and forearms. [/quote]

Don’t forget his legs were too small and his back was undersized lol. Wide waist to.

His back was pretty big

Dude the guys today have FAR bigger waists

[quote]Ask The Dickhead wrote:
His back was pretty big

Dude the guys today have FAR bigger waists[/quote]

touché on the waist comment, but not all pros have big waists.

Personally I think if someone is the greatest bodybuilder then they should win cause they are the greatest [/quote]

One of my all time favorite T-Nation posts. Full of insight.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Personally I think if someone is the greatest bodybuilder then they should win cause they are the greatest [/quote]

One of my all time favorite T-Nation posts. Full of insight. [/quote]

can’t argue with that logic there

@Intangible

Thats true not every pro does but most of them do and they all have bigger waists then Arnold!

@LankyMofo

LOL thats true

Isn’t that the guy who boned Cutler’s wife while he (Cutler) let him crash at his place?

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

He has the best physique ever and Bodybuilding is about the physique

Its about who has the best Physique and Arnold beats todays criteria cause he is the most aesthetically pleasing[/quote]
I thought Physique was about the physique.[/quote]

i don’t know if this is agaist the rules or not but to be honest you sound a little gay for arnold. no offense if you are cause you might be from the sounds of it but lol thats what it sounds like just by reading your first 5 posts on this thread

Arnold wouldn’t even crack the top 20 in the Olympia today. He looked good in his day but I personally think the 2003 Ronnie Coleman is the best Olympia ever.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

If you think your gonna win then you’ll win
[/quote]

Yeah, good thing it’s always only one guy going into a contest thinking he’s gonna win. :slight_smile:
S[/quote]

Ha Ha Ha!! That was good Stu.

The criteria is FAR different today.

HOWEVER, if we put todays Bodybuilders in competition back in the Golden Age than they wouldn’t crack the top 20 either!

You cant compare eras like this, it’s foolish. Each stage of bodybuilding had it’s top tier men that perfectly fit the criteria of their times, but like all things in this world, it evolved; however, the stages prior were necessary to the evolution of the sport.

One does not compare the creation of the Television with the creation of a computer. They were both seen as amazing innovations of their respectable times, but are each only a step in man’s technological prowess. So too were Arnold and Coleman to bodybuilding. Who knows what it will become further down the line when we learn even more about the body or possibly create better forms of drugs.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Who knows what it will become further down the line when we learn even more about the body or possibly create better forms of drugs. [/quote]

You mean when we master the art of genetic manipulation and genetic doping becomes possible. Starting with inhibiting myostatin. We have already done it in mice (Inhibition of myostatin in adult mice increases skeletal muscle mass and strength - PubMed).

The criteria is FAR different today.

HOWEVER, if we put todays Bodybuilders in competition back in the Golden Age than they wouldn’t crack the top 20 either![/quote]

I’m not sure if that is true. Someone like Phil Heath or a prime Kevin Levrone would do pretty well because their physiques are still pretty streamlined compared to Yates or Coleman. I don’t think there was a top 20 in Arnold’s era. I doubt there were even 10 competing at any one time.

@MytchBucanan

Thats true more people are competing now, back then the contests were FAR smaller!!!

Now the contests are HUGE!!!

@MytchBucanan

Thats true more people are competing now, back then the contests were FAR smaller!!!

Now the contests are HUGE!!![/quote]

Yeah and the difference between the quality of the physiques for first 1st and 20th place really isn’t that much. These guys are beating each other by just a handful of points…or so it seems.

[quote]AbsuM- wrote:
i don’t know if this is agaist the rules or not but to be honest you sound a little gay for arnold. no offense if you are cause you might be from the sounds of it but lol thats what it sounds like just by reading your first 5 posts on this thread[/quote]

Watching oiled up, tanned men flexing their muscles in small sparkly underwear to an audience of other cheering men though… “admiring aesthetic pleasing physiques”?

@Intangible

Thats true not every pro does but most of them do and they all have bigger waists then Arnold!

@LankyMofo

LOL thats true[/quote]

I should also clarify I meant wide hips and a thick waist, not neccasirly a “roid gut”

I would say Arnold’s chest, biceps and calves are on par with the pros of today.