T Nation

Arnold Classic

Just wondering who all is going, and do any of us plan on meeting up, hitting a gym…Whatever. Does anyone know if Biotest will be there, that would be the ideal place to rally!!!

Kyle

I plan on going.

I live in Michigan so it isn’t that far.

I’d like to go to “Night of Strength”, held after hours, and featuring people from professional strongment to world famous strength historians. Roger LaPointe from Atomic Athletic hosts this event, you can find details on the atomic website.

Is anyone participating in the 5K Pump and Run? I’m in.

A buddy and I are going. He’s been three times, but this will be my first. He said last year he saw a bunch of the pros and celebs at World Gym(?).

I’m hoping Tim, TC, CS, Lonnie and maybe some other contributors will be at the Expo. That would be sweet.

I’ll be there. Mainly for the WPO meet.

Oh yeah, and the fitness bunnies.

I’ll be there. I’m going to the expo and the women’s finals (Fri. night). Haven’t decided where I’m going to work out while I’m there.

On a side note, I love Columbus! My hometown rocks. :o)

I’ll be there helping out a couple of our lifters who will be competing in the WPO powerlifting meet.

Yeah, I’ll be going. I live in Columbus so it’s not that far…

BuckeyeGirl, if you still have your buckid just work out at Larkins, if not, just sneak in. If it’s before 5 pm you can just walk into the different weight rooms like you have already been working out and they don’t check.

If any of you are a fan of any of the sports holding competitions at the Arnold, you would enjoy it immensely. They’ve got everything from bodybuilding to powerlifting to olympic lifting to martial arts. Hot women everywhere, which is always nice. And plenty of free stuff (supplements, t-shirts, etc.). You also get to make fun of the people the supplement companies put out to sell their products.

It was packed last year for the two events I saw in the main hall (strongman and bench press competition). Really great crowd. And the powerlifting contest is the biggest of the year for the WPO. All the big boys will be there.

Then there’s the night life. Beautiful people running around everywhere. Not the worst of places to be for someone interested in fitness, bodybuilding, strength sports, etc.

I’ll be there for the fourth strait year. Just look for me with all the free shit in the expo hall. Then on to Worlds gym with the day pass my girl got me for Christmas.

Alrighty then,
We now know members of the Nation will be there, any news on whether the staff will be there? Mod. feel free to jump in any time!

Kyle

Kyle, I was there a few years ago and had a great time. Wish I could go again this year. :frowning:

I’ll try to find out if any of the T-Nation/Biotest staff will there.

I think we have a new contributor that’s going to cover it for us this year. He’ll be taking pics and reporting on all the madness, then we’ll run it as an article.

I did the Olympia just a few months ago so I’m skipping the Arnold. Instead I’ll be covering a big ACSM summit, also in March.

I will be there to cover the events (i.e. take in as much as possible and provide social commentary) for T-Nation, similar to how Chris covered the Olympia weekend.

I know Lonnie is scheduled to speak at the Strength Summit (link is located on the Arnoldclassic.com website).

Dave Barr may be speaking although this is unconfirmed at this point.

It should be a blast.

The weekend has grown so much that there is literally something that should appeal to everyone. If you have the opportunity, I would really suggest going. Check out the website for all the details.

To my knowledge Biotest will not be having a booth, so everyone should wear their T-Nation shirts for easy recognition.

Maybe some of the T-Nation members that live in Columbus could suggest a couple places for a meet/greet or workout. If not maybe we can just set a time to meet somewhere at the venue.

Ryan

I think setting up a time to meet at a particular place would be cool. Maybe get a group picture or something. Perhaps at a gym. I dunno.

I will be there as well. Mainly to watch the WPO competitors and hopefully will get in a workout or two at westside.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I think we have a new contributor that’s going to cover it for us this year. He’ll be taking pics and reporting on all the madness, then we’ll run it as an article.

I did the Olympia just a few months ago so I’m skipping the Arnold. Instead I’ll be covering a big ACSM summit, also in March.
[/quote]

What happened to John Koenig?

[quote]Dr. Ryan wrote:
I will be there to cover the events (i.e. take in as much as possible and provide social commentary)

Ryan[/quote]

How much do you squat?

[quote]MSpencer wrote:
I’ll be there for the fourth strait year. Just look for me with all the free shit in the expo hall. Then on to Worlds gym with the day pass my girl got me for Christmas.[/quote]

Spencer, I’ll be looking for you at Worlds Gym. I think we should show Coleman how Edinboro does back day.