Ben Pakulski
Edward Nunn
Ronny Rockel
Fred Smalls
Hidetada Yamagishi

For those who didnt know

Having no one from last year’s top 3 is meh :frowning:
[/quote]

It’s interesting that the top guys from the Olympia all sit out every other show now that they don’t have to qualify for the 2013 rendition, and are banking on only having to peak once all year.

What do you guys think,… sit out for better chances at the big dance, or jump into the Arnold, knowing Heath and Kai won’t be there, hoping for an easy paycheck?

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:
The lineup for this year’s Arnold is kinda “sad” though :frowning:

2013 Arnold Classic Competitors

Fouad Abiad
Darrem Charles
Toney Freeman
Marcus Haley
Dexter Jackson
Johnnie Jackson
Michael Kefalianos
Cedric McMillan
Ben Pakulski
Edward Nunn
Ronny Rockel
Fred Smalls
Hidetada Yamagishi

For those who didnt know

[/quote]

It’s interesting that the top guys from the Olympia all sit out every other show now that they don’t have to qualify for the 2013 rendition, and are banking on only having to peak once all year.

What do you guys think,… sit out for better chances at the big dance, or jump into the Arnold, knowing Heath and Kai won’t be there, hoping for an easy paycheck?

S
[/quote]

Most of us will have a far different perspective than any actual IFBB pro, but from where I sit I think the easy decision is to try and make good showings/place high at contests without the ‘big names’ in them until I really truly feel I can contend at the O.

That last part is the tricky one though… most pros probably do feel like they can contend(maybe not for a win, but for good enough placement for good money and publicity) if they bring their best package, which means skipping other shows to concentrate on the O does seem like a good idea unless they need another show to qualify.

[quote]zraw wrote:

Fouad Abiad
Darrem Charles
Toney Freeman
Marcus Haley
Dexter Jackson
Johnnie Jackson
Michael Kefalianos
Cedric McMillan
Ben Pakulski
Edward Nunn
Ronny Rockel
Fred Smalls
Hidetada Yamagishi

For those who didnt know

[/quote]

S
[/quote]

If I was in Evan’s or Wolf shoes I wouldve done the Arnold… im surprised

S
[/quote]

Depends on one’s priorities, and somewhat their philosophy.

Someone like me who basically lives day to day would do the Arnold and worry about the O later.

[quote]zraw wrote:

Fouad Abiad
Darrem Charles
Toney Freeman
Marcus Haley
Dexter Jackson
Johnnie Jackson
Michael Kefalianos
Cedric McMillan
Ben Pakulski
Edward Nunn
Ronny Rockel
Fred Smalls
Hidetada Yamagishi

For those who didnt know

[/quote]

S
[/quote]

there is far more publicity surrounding the O’ (i know that’s painfuly obvious, but i believe the degree is truly worth noting)

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

Fouad Abiad
Darrem Charles
Toney Freeman
Marcus Haley
Dexter Jackson
Johnnie Jackson
Michael Kefalianos
Cedric McMillan
Ben Pakulski
Edward Nunn
Ronny Rockel
Fred Smalls
Hidetada Yamagishi

For those who didnt know

[/quote]

S
[/quote]

If I was in Evan’s or Wolf shoes I wouldve done the Arnold… im surprised
[/quote]

I agree. They have a good chance to get a big win under their belt and have some momentum goin inot the Olympia. We know both of them have a very very small chance to win the O, so why not go for the Arnold?

And even Rhoden, the guy would be the going away favorite to win.

dude needs to change his belt or add the word “ex” before the rest

[quote]zraw wrote:
dude needs to change his belt or add the word “ex” before the rest[/quote]

lol

Well, I would never count Dex out. He’s always in great shape.

Gotta root for the fellow Hoosier Ed Nunn!

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
1st Ben Pakulski
2nd Dexter Jackson
3rd Cedric McMillan

my prediction for top 3[/quote]

Those are my top 3 as well. I can see Dexter pulling off 1st, but that depends on the conditioning these guys come in with.

Anyone watching live?

Pretty weak line up this year to be honest. And even the people that were there, no one really stood out as a clear cut winner, IMO.

For anyone watching (apparently no one), Ben Pakulski’s gut sticks out more than his chest. It’s not a good look, IMO.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
For anyone watching (apparently no one), Ben Pakulski’s gut sticks out more than his chest. It’s not a good look, IMO. [/quote]

Ah that’s sad to hear. I’ve always liked him and his physique.

dexter jackson 1st, ben pakulski 2nd, toney freeman 3rd. guess the judges didn’t mind that gut lanky. or maybe your video reception wasn’t clear enough and gave off some illusion. but my biggest grievance is about cedric’s placing. i thought he would challenge dexter for the top spot based on prejudging photos. they said he wore out near the end of the final prejudging call-out. i didn’t know being exhausted affected how you placed…thought it was all about the physique…

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
dexter jackson 1st, ben pakulski 2nd, toney freeman 3rd. guess the judges didn’t mind that gut lanky. or maybe your video reception wasn’t clear enough and gave off some illusion. but my biggest grievance is about cedric’s placing. i thought he would challenge dexter for the top spot based on prejudging photos. they said he wore out near the end of the final prejudging call-out. i didn’t know being exhausted affected how you placed…thought it was all about the physique…[/quote]

Did you see the video? His gut was very distended.

1. sucks for Erin Stern

2. sucks big time for Cedric… placing after Hide…

3. I dont get how India Paulino wins bikini with 0 ass compared to Natalia Melo and Nicole Nagrani

4. best improvement out of all competitors is Nagrani increased implant size

5. not sure wtf was up with Ced color/oil (lack of)

6. Rockell is so done

Cedric came in way too soft I think. And WTF is up with Ben’s legs… seriously

[quote]myself1992 wrote:
Cedric came in way too soft I think. And WTF is up with Ben’s legs… seriously[/quote]

im kinda a noob when it comes to bodybuilding, but what are you referring to with bens legs. they looked pretty awesome to my untrained eye.