Arnold as Conan... Again?

Everyone in Hollywood is fucking crazy.

OMG that is great news!!! I think I just got a tear in my eye. I hope he hits the anabolics and the gym and comes in looking fucking incredible.

[quote]Freaky_Frankie wrote:

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]Freaky_Frankie wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
… I won’t even italicize it.[/quote]

Seriously, how do you write something in italics here?[/quote]

Quote his post with the italicized titles and you will see.[/quote]

Oooooooooooh![/quote]

[center]Good job Bro.[/center]

[quote]
?The original ended with Arnold on the throne as a seasoned warrior, and this is the take of the film we will make,? Malmberg told me. ?It?s that Nordic Viking mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows he?ll be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle.?

There are no plans for Momoa to return. …

?After the original seminal movie, all that came after looked silly to me,? Morgan said. ?Robert E. Howard?s mythology and some great philosophy from Nietzsche to Atilla the Hun was layered in the original film. People say, he didn?t speak for the first 20 minutes of the film, but that was calculated in depicting this man who takes control of life with his own hand. This movie picks up Conan where Arnold is now in his life, and we will be able to use the fact that he has aged in this story. I love the property of Conan so much that I wouldn?t touch it unless we came up with something worthy. We think this is a worthy successor to the original film. Think of this as Conan?s Unforgiven.?[/quote]

Well, at least they seem to be saying the right type of things… we’ll see

The Rock would make a bad-ass Conan. Think about it.

Matter of fact, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is the closest thing we have to Arnold Schwarzenegger this generation.

King CONAN!! I use to love those comics. When as King he would get bored and dress down and go into town for a fight and drink etc. They should find the guy who directed this final scene and then I will stand in line for the movie.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
The Rock would make a bad-ass Conan. Think about it.

Matter of fact, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is the closest thing we have to Arnold Schwarzenegger this generation. [/quote]

This makes me sad.

Also I hope they make The Conan Movie R rated. Do the legend justice.

I consider The Scorpion King Rock’s version of Conan.

It was OK.

I’m stoked about this, love Conan, and the reboot was fucking terrible.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I consider The Scorpion King Rock’s version of Conan.

It was OK.[/quote]

I consider Chronicles of Riddick to be Vin Deisels verson of Conan.

It was good, but pitch black was better.
Speaking of which apparently they are making another Riddick movie as well.

Vin Diesel looks and sounds like someone who was in that special class in junior high, y’know, for kids who were simple, or their mom drank right up the end of the third trimester.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Vin Diesel looks and sounds like someone who was in that special class in junior high, y’know, for kids who were simple, or their mom drank right up the end of the third trimester.[/quote]

Hell, he was sitting in front of DMX and Sylvestor Stallone.

Yeah…I remember when Sly got those fake glasses to try and look smart.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Should be a terrible, awful, nearly unwatchable movie. Like every other movie Arnold has starred in since True Lies, which was 18 years ago.[/quote]

Who goes to Arnold flicks for “great cinema”?

I go to see explosions and to watch people go “holy shit…biceps kick ass”.

Besides, Arnold has been taking Elocution classes for 40 years. They are bound to pay off any day now.[/quote]

Go find a movie called “Cactus Jack”.

Watch it.

Know that his classes have paid off mightily.

Only so much you can do.

Has Stallone made a quality film after Rocky I?

Arnold as King Conan…sure I’ll go check it out! As long as it’s better than the Conan reboot. But to be fair to Jason Momoa, his acting wasn’t bad I think it was just the whole movie that sucked. Check him out in Game of Thrones season 1, playing as Khal Drogo. That’s more Conan than the Conan he played in the reboot IMO.

I think Momoa did a good job.

I would disagree about Khal Drogo being more like Conan. Conan has an image in the public’s eye that is much more skewed toward “Barbarian” than it should be. What I mean is is the character of Conan is one of an adventurous warrior, thief, pirate and outlaw and eventually king …but the image of him as a gore-covered beast is a little too prevalent for my taste.
I think the great Frank Frazetta paintings give people that idea, and indeed they are good works of art, they’re actually not my favorite visual portrayals of Conan.

In most all of his stories he feels like most every other hero, in that he will use his brawn but also his brains to solve the problem.

Here’s a more staid portrait of him.

This one, though well done, is not my favorite.

Dark Horse comics does some of the best Conan art.