Arnold and the White House

Here’s a question. How do the Republicans on this board feel about changing the law so that a forein born citizen can be President?

It seems like it would be more of a liberal standpoint, but when you got a guy like Arnold on your team things might change.

Just wondering.

I Love Arnold. I am a lifelong Republican. I wouldn’t change the law. It’s been a good one for over 200 yrs.

There are some people in government looking to change the law. It does kind of suck especially if say someone came to the states at like age 1 or 2. I often would like to see arnold run for president. I guess I only fear a little that others could somehow plant a spy in the system, but who knows.

It’s one of those laws that makes you wonder why it’s there in the first instance.

No other elected American office discriminates against foreign-born citizens. One can be a foreign-born citizen and be governor, Senator, representative, etc. - or Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, which is not an elected position but is quite powerful; same with Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

If people are worried about the patriotism of foreign-born citizens, perhaps we should rethink the citizenship requirements rather than discriminate for one elected office.

Maybe if Arnold could become President, he would fight to lift the ban on ephedra and “other controlled substances”.

Would anyone in here look forward to that?

I know I would.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
It’s one of those laws that makes you wonder why it’s there in the first instance.

No other elected American office discriminates against foreign-born citizens. One can be a foreign-born citizen and be governor, Senator, representative, etc. - or Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, which is not an elected position but is quite powerful; same with Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

If people are worried about the patriotism of foreign-born citizens, perhaps we should rethink the citizenship requirements rather than discriminate for one elected office.[/quote]

The rule was put there to prevent the English (or other foreigners with delusions of grandeur) from coming over here and gaining politcal control in the new United States.

I think that the rule has outlived its purpose, and should be removed.

While I am for removing the law, I would never vote for Arnold for President!