Arnold '09 Predictions/Thoughts

[quote]bones864 wrote:
sorry to bump but i thought he was taller. i was fortunate to work out at golds last year in LA and he seemed taller than 5’7[/quote]

again…

bodybuilders lie down in height and up in weight…

a shorter/heavier person is bigger…

I’m in between 6’ and 6’1" weighing at 225-230lbs almost contest shape…if I was prepping for the Arnold and claimed to be 5’10"-5’11" 230-235lbs in contest shape…just those stats make me appear a bit larger no?

Kai is definitely HUGE for his height…no doubt about it…if he claimed to be in the 260’s a few weeks out from the Arnold I wouldn’t doubt it…and if he competes in the 250’s then that would make sense…which is still huge…but when there was talk of him possibly competing at the 270’s i was skeptical…

DG

Flex, Shawn and Dorian giving a pre-game show: http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1939&Itemid=220

*On a side note, its awesome the Team MD just signed Dorian and Justin Harris, two of my favs.

[quote]elusive wrote:
Flex, Shawn and Dorian giving a pre-game show: http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1939&Itemid=220

*On a side note, its awesome the Team MD just signed Dorian and Justin Harris, two of my favs.[/quote]

Dorian seems like a nice guy smart as well.

[quote]elusive wrote:

*On a side note, its awesome the Team MD just signed Dorian and Justin Harris, two of my favs.[/quote]

Mark Alvisi too…that guy is a stud.

I was worried when they cut off romano and palumbo…but so far I’m liking them better…

MD is by far the way to go for bodybuilding info/news.

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
elusive wrote:

*On a side note, its awesome the Team MD just signed Dorian and Justin Harris, two of my favs.

Mark Alvisi too…that guy is a stud.

I was worried when they cut off romano and palumbo…but so far I’m liking them better…

MD is by far the way to go for bodybuilding info/news.

DG[/quote]

What? Palumbo and Romano are gone from MD? WTF? Sorry for the thread jack.

anyone got pics of heath? CT and a few others were claiming its gonna be his show, but I haven’t seen pics of the guy as of late

hes not in it

oh - just realized they were talking about the olympia (this was in the cutler progress thread)

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
bones864 wrote:
sorry to bump but i thought he was taller. i was fortunate to work out at golds last year in LA and he seemed taller than 5’7

again…

bodybuilders lie down in height and up in weight…

a shorter/heavier person is bigger…

I’m in between 6’ and 6’1" weighing at 225-230lbs almost contest shape…if I was prepping for the Arnold and claimed to be 5’10"-5’11" 230-235lbs in contest shape…just those stats make me appear a bit larger no? [/quote] That would make you a lot bigger lol [quote]

Kai is definitely HUGE for his height…no doubt about it…if he claimed to be in the 260’s a few weeks out from the Arnold I wouldn’t doubt it…and if he competes in the 250’s then that would make sense…which is still huge…but when there was talk of him possibly competing at the 270’s i was skeptical…

DG

[/quote]

Btw, some of Ronnie’s comp weights:
1998 O: 250lbs
1999 O: 257lbs
2000 O: 264lbs (looked pretty damn good here as far as ronnie goes)
2001 O: 265lbs
2002 O: 245lbs (!) (didn’t look too great here imo… lost size in the wrong places)
2003 O: 287lbs… Guess he did feel kinda small the previous year, huh?
2004 O: 296lbs…
2005 O: 275lbs, he trimmed down due to the IFBB deciding that distended stomachs would be marked down.
Nowadays, Kai looks like a vastly improved 2005 Ronnie imo.

2000 and 2005 ronnie was his best shapes at the o’s i think

Cool link - it’s great to see the three of them talking about the current guys.

Shawn Ray did well - he’s always been a motormouth, and he makes a good interviewer.

Yates still looks huge.

i would say his knee is pretty much fixed? 4 plates a side on squats and god knows how many on leg press

on flex it said kai droped out? has anyone else seen this?

[quote]crod266 wrote:
on flex it said kai droped out? has anyone else seen this?[/quote]

Yea - but they said it was just a rumor, and turned out to be false…

C_C: yea that would make me a lot bigger…but taking an inch off and adding 5 lbs is easy to lie and gives all of these internet boards and magazines the WOW factor they are looking for. lol

================================just finished prejudging:

I think Kai is getting too blocky…still amazing but I wasn’t really impressed.

It’s vic’s show.

Branch looked good but I don’t think he will take it.

If I had to guess I’d say:

Vic
Kai
Branch
Freeman
Silvio
ElMoussawi

I’d personally have Branch over Kai but I don’t think that will happen.

DG

I just finished watching the prejudging replay. This is Victor’s show. The man looks like he didn’t miss a beat. Hopefully he’ll take his second Mr. Olympia. Kai is getting blocky, I agree with mah Gerd. He’s not “Da Fridge” but his mid-section was a little thicker than last year’s, IMO. Silvio looked spot on, again. Branch looks good and there seemed to be no signs of his tricep injury, but he won’t take the show. Didn’t see Freeman, the computer froze. lol.

Gerdy-

i’m a Kai fan and think his off conditioning is better than Vic’s, Kai’s lats insert either really low or his spinal erectors are very short, this creates the blocky look. Kai’s obliques still had light bouncing off from every angle.

just saw warren, what a beast.

Flex just said it on MD, and i agree…it’s Kai’s show.

yeah he’s a bit of a bull dog but he’s got more going on than Victor. Vic’s the man but it’s a painting i’ve seen before.

Kai is an original Picasso, others are just re-prints.

Kai looks great - i guess all those rumors about him fucking up his contest prep were unfounded?

But it still looks like Vic has the more aesthetic build!

link from the other thread (w/ pics)

After checking out stills I really like Kai, I thought in webcast it was very close but I think Kai has a decided advantage after really looking at it.

With that said though, do the judges get to look at stuff like that? If not then you have to go with how things flowed in real time in which case I think Vic may take it.