Arnold '09 Predictions/Thoughts

The Arnold is right around the corner. March 6th-8th.

Any of you guys going? Got predictions/thoughts? I didn’t see a thread for predictions or whatever yet, so might as well.

personally i want kai greene to win. next to him, branch warren.

if i had to call who would probably win…victor martinez.

[quote]mafzal4 wrote:
The Arnold is right around the corner. March 6th-8th.

Any of you guys going? Got predictions/thoughts? I didn’t see a thread for predictions or whatever yet, so might as well.

personally i want kai greene to win. next to him, branch warren.

if i had to call who would probably win…victor martinez.[/quote]

While I like branch I just have a hard time believing that they’ll let him win anything major… He just doesn’t have the kind of physique that’s “in” at the moment, so to speak.

If Kai were to win then that’d be sort of like a return of the mass-monsters (but with a better mid-section this time) :wink:

Yeah… I’d LIKE to see Kai or Branch win.

I am VERY impressed with Tony Freeman’s latest bunch of pics that were floating around the forums, though…

Victor Martinez for the WIN! Toney Freeman or Kai coming in 2nd. Branch in 4th and Silvio in 5th.

there has been some discussion on some of prof x’s threads showing pre-arnold progress but I think its worthy of a new start. Do you know exactly when the judging is? couldnt seem to find it on MD.com. Kai to win, hopefully his conditioning wont be too off.
DJ

VM does seem most to have the physique thats “in” right now. I didn’t even know who Tony Freeman was until PX started that thread…and yeah - very fucking impressive. Especially considering his height

Seeing Freeman’s recent pics he’s gonna be hard to beat. That being said, this show is deep as hell, and should be awesome. Now if only the other top tier of pro’s competed more than once a year…

I like Kai and Toney a lot but I still think it’s Vic’s show.

If I were a betting man, I’d go with Vic, but if Toney got the now, I’d be okay with it. Branch should be in the top 3 baring someone I’m obviously forgetting, and from what I’ve heard, Kai totally messed up his prep and is way too heavy.

S

Anywhere to watch it online?

Probably:
1:Vic
2:Toney
3:Branch

I would prefer:
1:Branch
2:Toney
3:Vic

Kai could come with a great package, but all i hear is that he messed up his prep pretty bad…

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

If Kai were to win then that’d be sort of like a return of the mass-monsters (but with a better mid-section this time) :wink:

[/quote]

This is true, but seeing someone weigh that much at that height is going to be pretty damned impressive. I personally wouldn’t mind being over 280lbs in contest shape if I looked like that.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2009arnold_info.htm

Link to the webcast

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

This is true, but seeing someone weigh that much at that height is going to be pretty damned impressive. I personally wouldn’t mind being over 280lbs in contest shape if I looked like that.[/quote]

Not saying it can’t be done…and Kai might prove me a liar come this weekend…but I agree with Lonnie Teper on this one. I don’t think Kai weighs as much as he says he does.

I mean Ronnie Competed at 280 something pounds and was just ungodly…so for kai to even come in at the high 260-into 270s with his usual condition he would look just rediculous(the good kind lol)

But I could be wrong…I’m just saying I’d like to personally see the scale… being most bodybuilders lie up in weight and down in height when it comes to media coverage. lol

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

This is true, but seeing someone weigh that much at that height is going to be pretty damned impressive. I personally wouldn’t mind being over 280lbs in contest shape if I looked like that.

Not saying it can’t be done…and Kai might prove me a liar come this weekend…but I agree with Lonnie Teper on this one. I don’t think Kai weighs as much as he says he does.

I mean Ronnie Competed at 280 something pounds and was just ungodly…so for kai to even come in at the high 260-into 270s with his usual condition he would look just rediculous(the good kind lol)

But I could be wrong…I’m just saying I’d like to personally see the scale… being most bodybuilders lie up in weight and down in height when it comes to media coverage. lol

DG[/quote]

I was going to mention this. I know Lonnie Teper feels that Kai is 250 on stage (i think he actually guessed 245), not 280. When questioned about his weight, Kai wouldn’t say.

I think its alot of hype and mind games that these guys do. If the other competitors think that Kai is coming in at 280, they may decide to play the size game and bring less then optimal coniditioning. In the end, its really not about the weight anyways.

[quote]elusive wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

DG

I was going to mention this. I know Lonnie Teper feels that Kai is 250 on stage (i think he actually guessed 245), not 280. When questioned about his weight, Kai wouldn’t say.

I think its alot of hype and mind games that these guys do. If the other competitors think that Kai is coming in at 280, they may decide to play the size game and bring less then optimal coniditioning. In the end, its really not about the weight anyways.[/quote]

How tall is Kai?

I think he’s 5’7" or 5’8"

[quote]elusive wrote:
I think he’s 5’7" or 5’8"[/quote]

Oh. In that case, 250 makes some sense.
If he were 5’10 or above, I’d have called bullshit on the claim that he weighs so “little” in contest shape now… He does look like an improved Ronnie, after all.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
elusive wrote:
I think he’s 5’7" or 5’8"

Oh. In that case, 250 makes some sense.
If he were 5’10 or above, I’d have called bullshit on the claim that he weighs so “little” in contest shape now… He does look like an improved Ronnie, after all.
[/quote]

Last account had him around 265lbs…which is fucking huge for contest shape at that height.

sorry to bump but i thought he was taller. i was fortunate to work out at golds last year in LA and he seemed taller than 5’7

[quote]bones864 wrote:
sorry to bump but i thought he was taller. i was fortunate to work out at golds last year in LA and he seemed taller than 5’7[/quote]

In shoes he would be. I’m at or over 5’11" in shoes. In fact, I am sure many would think I was six feet. I didn’t realize until I went into the military that I was only a little over 5’10. I still claim 5’11" from time to time.

Also, I would guess that most people walking around over-estimate how tall they really are. Most of the people claiming six feet that I see are shorter than me.