Arms, How Big is Huge?

[quote]sharetrader wrote:
This is what I call huge arms. They belong to Manfred Hoeberl, former winner on World’s Strongest Man competition. He comes from Graz, Austria, the same town as Arnold. Must be something in the water![/quote]

Geezus, his biceps are like twice the size of his shoulders.

Those are just plain silly, and from a few pics I’ve seen usualy about as symetrical as a booger flung upon a wall.

[quote]mrdav2u wrote:
OneDay wrote:
Gregg Valentino…Need I say more…

Dude… that guy… I actually like Valentino… I read his column in MD… I think he’s pretty funny and probably a pretty good dude… but that guys arms look completely ridiculous. There’s enough oil in them to make OPEC jealous…I dont know how people can still consider those as even being arms…[/quote]

He suffers from advanced body dismorphia. Ridiculous isn’t poweful enough to describe his look.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
sharetrader wrote:
This is what I call huge arms. They belong to Manfred Hoeberl, former winner on World’s Strongest Man competition. He comes from Graz, Austria, the same town as Arnold. Must be something in the water!

Geezus, his biceps are like twice the size of his shoulders.[/quote]

25 1/2 inches according to his website. I can almost believe it. BTW he is tall as well (6’ 4" I believe) and weighs 290 something.

NOW THAT IS PERSONALITY…LOL

SP

[quote]nanjingldv wrote:
What about that one dude from Canada, Greg Kovacs… he was one of the biggest bodybuilders. He had some really big guns but the sheer size of him kinda made his arms look small for him.[/quote]

Did you see the pictures of him taken during his last contest? He looked really, really bad, man. He looked sick and old as hell. And his body looked awful too. It was really sad to see him like that.

Metal

[quote]mrdav2u wrote:
OneDay wrote:
Gregg Valentino…Need I say more…

Dude… that guy… I actually like Valentino… I read his column in MD… I think he’s pretty funny and probably a pretty good dude… but that guys arms look completely ridiculous. There’s enough oil in them to make OPEC jealous…I dont know how people can still consider those as even being arms…[/quote]

He doesn’t have arms, those are called LEGS!!!

[quote]Metalhead603 wrote:
nanjingldv wrote:
What about that one dude from Canada, Greg Kovacs… he was one of the biggest bodybuilders. He had some really big guns but the sheer size of him kinda made his arms look small for him.

Did you see the pictures of him taken during his last contest? He looked really, really bad, man. He looked sick and old as hell. And his body looked awful too. It was really sad to see him like that.
OOOPs. My bad.I meant a few years back when he was still in his prime

Metal[/quote]

Maybe if your arms are bigger than your legs like Greg Valentino, then they’re just way tooooooo big.
Hmmmmmmm, that would be pretty cool going to the gym in a wifebeater showing off your guns

[quote]mindeffer01 wrote:
Those are just plain silly, and from a few pics I’ve seen usualy about as symetrical as a booger flung upon a wall.[/quote]

Eeeeeewww what the F%(* I thought that pic was fake ^^^^^^^^^^, Here is something to thing about fellas. My arms are 16 1/2 cold 17 1/4 fully pumped, I want big guns, but people already say there big, I dont see it, Is it just me? I plan to be 18 by this time next year… Oh and just for shits and giggles what are you guys curling… THis is T-Nation right…lets throw some numbers around… 100lbs 8x6

Are you hijacking the thread?
Don’t flame me on this one, but I use the power rack for curls sometimes.
Aghhhhhhhhhh!!!
Stop!!!
I only use it when I curl 135 lbs or more. Is that ok?
Max curls with the straight Olympic bar 155 lbs. 4 reps

[quote]Stratacaster wrote:
mindeffer01 wrote:
Those are just plain silly, and from a few pics I’ve seen usualy about as symetrical as a booger flung upon a wall.

Eeeeeewww what the F%(* I thought that pic was fake ^^^^^^^^^^, Here is something to thing about fellas. My arms are 16 1/2 cold 17 1/4 fully pumped, I want big guns, but people already say there big, I dont see it, Is it just me? I plan to be 18 by this time next year… Oh and just for shits and giggles what are you guys curling… THis is T-Nation right…lets throw some numbers around… 100lbs 8x6[/quote]

Whatever.

[quote]40&Big wrote:
Tape measure wise, what would you consider huge for an upper arm measurement? I’m talking lean muscle. Obviously, height would matter. Mine are 19 flexed and cold, but at 6’6, don’t really look huge. I’ve seen Hulk Hogan, and I don’t think his are really 21. Does anyone know measurements of well known people?[/quote]

I know what you are saying. My arms are also 19", but at 6’1, I guarntee they look bigger.

And, I’ve seen plenty of guys who were 5’8 with 17" arms that looked huge.

I’m still curious what Huge Arms have to do with strength sports…

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
40&Big wrote:
Tape measure wise, what would you consider huge for an upper arm measurement? I’m talking lean muscle. Obviously, height would matter. Mine are 19 flexed and cold, but at 6’6, don’t really look huge. I’ve seen Hulk Hogan, and I don’t think his are really 21. Does anyone know measurements of well known people?

I know what you are saying. My arms are also 19", but at 6’1, I guarntee they look bigger.

And, I’ve seen plenty of guys who were 5’8 with 17" arms that looked huge.
[/quote]

Cool! I am 5’8" with 16" arms so I only need to put one more inch on them to look huge.

The standard “big arm” of the pre steroid body building days was 18" (or so). I think anyone who can attain an arm that size today (drug free) has some bragging rights. Of course, body fat levels would also have to be in check, say under 14%.

I’m 6’1" with 20.5" arms. My arms dont look that big though, because my shoulders and chest are alot bigger.

And for whoever it was that asked I hammer curl 85’s for 6x8 after I get done with my pullups, lat rows, and standing rows

[quote]tveddy wrote:
I’m 6’1" with 20.5" arms. My arms dont look that big though, because my shoulders and chest are alot bigger. [/quote]

That’s pretty impressive.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
I’m 6’1" with 20.5" arms. My arms dont look that big though, because my shoulders and chest are alot bigger.

And for whoever it was that asked I hammer curl 85’s for 6x8 after I get done with my pullups, lat rows, and standing rows
[/quote]

methinks a picture is in order. Please don’t have a “broken” digital camera.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1127711786074.8257660-R1-048-22A.jpg

Ok, this is the first time i’ve tried to post a picture and this is also the closest thing that i have. Because I don’t have a digital camera.