Arms Everyday?

Im not a body builder by any means. i prefer power but one thing i noticed when I wanted bigger arms was I trained my biceps super light for only 9 or 10 sets then hit 1 or 2 heavy set of dumbell curls then I would train tris supper hard with a lot of close grip and a lot of heavy tri pushdowns. This training style put on an inch onto my arms in a little over a month. But also at that time I was bulking hard and I have never been a big arm trainer, so im sure my arms reacted to any stimulase that i gave them. I would also for like 5 to 10 mins everyday flex my arms really hard, I suppose this is where it ties into the arm training everyday. But this is just how I did it, everyone else have different success stories.

I did a set of barbell curls every day for 6 weeks to bring up my biceps, and they got bigger and stronger. 1 single set apart from your regular workout, say you train at 5pm then do the set of curls 6 hours later at 11. Start with a weight you can get for 10 reps or so, work that up to 20 reps… add weight so that you can only get 10 reps again… work that up to 20 reps… etc. Don’t be afraid to put some oomph into it, no one ever got strong using picture perfect form. I did this when I started training and biceps have been a strong point ever since.

[quote]Purple wrote:
no one ever got strong using picture perfect form. [/quote]

I believe it will work well, but then I’m not the one with the largest arms here (about 16"). Arms would especially respond to large volume, because they’re smaller muscle and faster to recover. I wouldn’t train them absolutely everyday, but you could very well start with 3-5 days and start from there.

Thibaudeau often suggested training arms three times a week ( Thib's Quick Tricks ; Thib's Quick Tricks ) and that was before advanced W-O supplement like Plazma.

I’d suggest at least three arms training session a week, but more wouldn’t be a mistake, and you could even go somewhat heavy (6-8 reps range).

Thank about it this way, If you think high reps and light weights ‘erryday’ will make your arms swole then think what highish’ reps and heavy weights will do at the same volume.

[quote]Kardash wrote:
Okay, I know I’m gonna get flamed for this. But hear me out.
What if one were to train his arms everyday, with verrrryyy low weights and high reps? Look, before people start busting my ass with the whole ‘muscles dont grow in the gym’-phrase: I know that.

But look at construction workers: they get 'em guns by working with bricks and hammers and all kind of heavish tools. Working ('out) 9 'till 5 everyday. Believe it or not, most of them lead a life besides working with tools: gym memberships etc.

So what do you guys think? Some very low intensity tricep/bicep work in the mornings for some extra ‘pump’?

grabs a fire extinguisher, waiting for the flame storm[/quote]

any result?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
if I was going to train something every day it’d be upper back[/quote]

x2

I’ve learned to stop caring about what other people want to do in terms of their routine.

If they just want to train arms all day erry day, fuck it it’s their body.

[quote]HotShot818 wrote:
I’ve learned to stop caring about what other people want to do in terms of their routine.

If they just want to train arms all day erry day, fuck it it’s their body.[/quote]

I train arms nearly everyday.

You’re right. People should only worry about if what the other guy is doing is actually working.

If some guy trains arms everyday and has arms bigger than most and is big all over, then he is doing what he needs to.

If some guy is training arms everyday at the expense of other muscle groups and they aren’t growing much, then they need to change what they are doing.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]HotShot818 wrote:

If they just want to train arms all day erry day, fuck it it’s their body.[/quote]

You’re right. People should only worry about if what the other guy is doing is actually working.

If some guy trains arms everyday and has arms bigger than most and is big all over, then he is doing what he needs to.

If some guy is training arms everyday at the expense of other muscle groups and they aren’t growing much, then they need to change what they are doing.[/quote]

could say how is your program?

[quote]fighter87 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]HotShot818 wrote:

If some guy is training arms everyday at the expense of other muscle groups and they aren’t growing much, then they need to change what they are doing.[/quote]

could say how is your program?[/quote]

Just fitting them in in between sets mostly.

If I train chest tonight, I will be doing biceps in between sets as a sort of “active rest”…with no resting.

[quote]Martimroll94 wrote:
Ct fletcher says he used to train arms everyday, which took his arms to 22", maybe it really works, we must try [/quote]

He also weighed 300lbs…soooo ya

This Thread is hilarious, I love it. Mr. Walkaway’s “keep it real” antics are great as well. If nothing else you gotta appreciate CT’s motivation that is for sure.

[quote]Triceptaurus wrote:
Pssssssst. Hey. So. Ya wanna get big? Really? OK. I got da dope. This is it. Ready?

Back and legs. Back and legs. Back and legs. Focus on that. Not some pissy mirror muscle cross fit horse shit bicep program.

There are lots of guys I see in my gym, all young under 25’s. They have, relatively speaking, “big” biceps and train them every session. They are “big” because the get hit a lot and everything else is small. So they look like big guns. But stand back and look at the package and they have no lats, chicken legs and disappear when they turn sideways.

Back and legs. Back and legs. Your broceps will tag along growth wise.[/quote]

While it may be an extreme example, I think there is some truth to this, especially towards our bodybuilding goals.

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]Purple wrote:
no one ever got strong using picture perfect form. [/quote]

…[/quote]

I use good strict form and I’ve gotten fairly strong.

I also only work arms directly once a week and have gotten pretty decent progress.

oh this thread again.

lol@csulli calling bouncing a bar off his chest “lifting like a man”

[quote]Jaycuts wrote:

[quote]Martimroll94 wrote:
Ct fletcher says he used to train arms everyday, which took his arms to 22", maybe it really works, we must try [/quote]

He also weighed 300lbs…soooo ya[/quote]

exactly this… CT fletcher used to be WAY bigger than he is now…

I don’t condone bouncing.

Perhaps one day you’ll find a way to unrustle your jimmies Walkway haha.

[quote]optheta wrote:

[quote]Triceptaurus wrote:
Pssssssst. Hey. So. Ya wanna get big? Really? OK. I got da dope. This is it. Ready?

Back and legs. Back and legs. Back and legs. Focus on that. Not some pissy mirror muscle cross fit horse shit bicep program.

There are lots of guys I see in my gym, all young under 25’s. They have, relatively speaking, “big” biceps and train them every session. They are “big” because the get hit a lot and everything else is small. So they look like big guns. But stand back and look at the package and they have no lats, chicken legs and disappear when they turn sideways.

Back and legs. Back and legs. Your broceps will tag along growth wise.[/quote]

Oh snap i missed that day at BB orientation when they told us that working your legs increases your bicep…
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA… loved it!!

Ever since I stopped the ‘maximum overload training once a week’ and started working mostly everything twice a week in a 4 day split, I noticed size gains at a higher speed for sure, especially in arms and shoulders. I rotated 1 big group a week to be hit only once, and it really worked for me. Unfortunately, I recently had to have surgery, and I’m only able to do legs and arms…

Maybe now is a good time to bump those two up to 3x a week for shiggles. If you lifted every day, it seems like you would have constant doms, but since I’ve never tried it, can’t say!

Train everything once a week in 3 or 4 sessions.

If you have a decent foundation of the main compound lifts and if you really feel like your arms are lagging behind, put everything else on maintenance and do Charles Staley’s EDT arm specialization program for 4-6 weeks.

I made a guy with spaghetti arms do it years ago and he’s still thanking me because since then his arms became one of his best muscle groups.