Arms Everyday?

Okay, I know I’m gonna get flamed for this. But hear me out.
What if one were to train his arms everyday, with verrrryyy low weights and high reps? Look, before people start busting my ass with the whole ‘muscles dont grow in the gym’-phrase: I know that.

But look at construction workers: they get 'em guns by working with bricks and hammers and all kind of heavish tools. Working ('out) 9 'till 5 everyday. Believe it or not, most of them lead a life besides working with tools: gym memberships etc.

So what do you guys think? Some very low intensity tricep/bicep work in the mornings for some extra ‘pump’?

grabs a fire extinguisher, waiting for the flame storm

Well you’re only 21, you could always just try it for awhile. Young guys have some time to sort of experiment on themselves lol.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Well you’re only 21, you could always just try it for awhile. Young guys have some time to sort of experiment on themselves lol.[/quote]

So jacking off doesn’t make me blind?

I doubt that would do shit for your arms… don’t think it would be enough to stimulate any kind of growth.

To me, the problem with this idea goes as follows:

Arms everyday with truly super-duper light weights= Very, very little scope for hypertrophy + possible conflict with the performance of other much heavier compound movements.

OR

Arms everydays with RELATIVELY light weights= Some scope for size gains, though, this will almost certainly conflict with your other heavier movements (bench, ohp, pull-ups etc).

I think a better approach would be to just train arms a bit more, like: Twice a week Vs Once a week, Three times a week Vs Twice a week OR Experiment with using some relatively easy extra volume for your bi’s & tri’s after your regular work-out.

You know what this isn’t such a stupid question but I don’t think it’ll work

I’ve spent the past 6 years of my life as a mechanic and the past 7 years of my life playing the drums and my forearms are the biggest freakiest muscles in my body (in comparison with other muscle groups of course) all that screwdriving and general hitting of things repeatedly for hours is obviously responsible for this since I do no direct forearm work and use straps for practically every pulling movement I do.

However, the big difference between forearms and Upper arms is that forearms are predominantly slow-twitch.

In the same way this is why, I believe, football (soccer) players have ridiculous calf development but the rest of their body looks average

I think your logic in the OP is pretty crappy…buttt…Measure your arms today. Do your proposed ‘arms everyday.’ Report back results.

Theoretically, I think it might work if you rotated intensity (light, high, light, med - repeat), and kept the volume lower (total volume in the week would still be high with all the frequency). My theory being that the ‘light’ days would be more like ‘active recovery’.

I’ve never tried it.

anyways try it for 6 weeks and let us know.

i was a scaffolder for 5 years and i was always using my arms and shoulders at least 8 hours a day some times low intensity some times very high intensity, id be catching kit all day and the next day my biceps will be really sore but youve still got to work, so youd get on with it. my arms and shoulders were pretty big when i was scaffolding, arms were 16.5 at 12 and a half stone. the thing is it is very hard to replicate this sort of work in a gym environment. when your working your thinking about working, your not thinking about isolating a muscle or getting a pump, your working trying to pay the bills. your arms are burning so what, just try and use your whole body to lift things up. on the other hand its been proven that just one set to failure is enough to cause muscle hypertrophy, so why try and replicate what a construction worker does. most older scaffolders have problems with their joints because they have been using them hard all their life. im sure they were jacked when they were younger but there is more efficient ways of doing it.

was also a scaffolder in a previous life and since i stopped and started a less manual job iv grown, was doin pretty much the same in the gym as i do now nutrition is better alrite, i think i put on 20lbs good weight i would put part of that down to nutrition alrite, basically sometimes less is more

Chad Waterbury suggested PLP:

• Pull-ups
  • Lunges
  • Push-ups
    adding a rep daily.
    I started on Jan. 01, at 5 reps. today i did 24 reps.
    6 days i do about 30 min. heavy at the gym, later 7 days i do about 20 min. light bodyweight/dumbells slowly working up to 35 min.
    All good sofar. Like mentioned it is recovery/light work.

At about 35 min. i plan to raise my feet a few inches, add a little weight, rebuild up the reps from a smaller number if all goes well.

After a shoulder issue i tested at the end of last year with pulldown only and i like the results, to catchup my lagging upper body.

Or like GorillaMon suggested you might do Legs, Pull Push, Off, arms + shoulders, Off (optional), repeat.
Or Pull Push, Legs, arms + shoulders, Off, repeat.
There was an article about variable recovery program some months ago where smallers ones were worked more often, arms, abs, shoulders, calves.

I just don’t see it. Sure these guys may have more development than the average person BUT they absolutely don’t have big arms.

Also bodybuilder arms are much bigger and they don’t do silly things like this. You should be asking what are most bodybuilders doing for their arms rather than theorizing about how someone accidentally attained slightly better than average arms.

I could maybe entertain your ideas if you might have proposed something like doing arms 3 days in a row in a heavy, light, medium type of deal then taking an entire 4 days off arm training or something similar but 7 days a week… If you want do it though, maybe I’m silly and this is a brilliant idea that no one has ever tried.

Anyways, have you tried arms 2 or 3 times a week?

Try doing 1 or 2 sets of tricpe after your chest work out
and
Try doing 1 or 2 sets of Biceps after your Back work out

Then

Do a Arms day few days after.

Ct fletcher says he used to train arms everyday, which took his arms to 22", maybe it really works, we must try

[quote]Kardash wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
Well you’re only 21, you could always just try it for awhile. Young guys have some time to sort of experiment on themselves lol.[/quote]

So jacking off doesn’t make me blind?[/quote]

Depends on you aim…

[quote]GorillaMon wrote:
To me, the problem with this idea goes as follows:

Arms everyday with truly super-duper light weights= Very, very little scope for hypertrophy + possible conflict with the performance of other much heavier compound movements.

OR

Arms everydays with RELATIVELY light weights= Some scope for size gains, though, this will almost certainly conflict with your other heavier movements (bench, ohp, pull-ups etc). [/quote]

This…!

[quote]Martimroll94 wrote:
Ct fletcher says he used to train arms everyday, which took his arms to 22", maybe it really works, we must try [/quote]

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

Ct fletcher says he used to train arms everyday, which took his arms to 22", maybe it really works, we must try [/quote]

so you:

-have the same genetics
-have the same recovery capacity
-are on the same drugs
-eat the same diet
-have the same sleep schedule

as CT Fletcher? who CLAIMS (key word is claims btw) to train arms everyday?

fascinating

he and branch warren/joj really aren’t doing dumb and impressionable kids any favors

Ct fletcher says he used to train arms everyday, which took his arms to 22", maybe it really works, we must try muTHAfuckAH![/quote]

fixed