Arms Are Lagging- 2 Arm Days?

[quote]elusive wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
Im a low rep guy. 4-8 is where I generally stay. However I do go up to 12-15 on conc curls so really I’m hitting many rep ranges.

So on the exercises that you’re doing 4-8 reps on, how many sets are you doing? I know, you’ve been steadily packing size on your arms, so I’m all ears.[/quote]

Well here is what I did yesterday for instance.

BB Curls
WU
1 Light Set of 8
1 Set of 6 reps
1 Set of 4 reps

Plate Loaded Machine Preacher Curls

1 set of 10
1 set 0f 8
1 set of 4

Moved on to seated Alt. DB curls

1 set of 8 reps
1 set of 8 reps
1 set of 5 reps

Conc Curls

1 set of 8 reps
1 set of 8 reps
1 set of 6 reps

So really the workout was all medium to low reps. I pyramided the weight on each exercise and took the last set to failure when I was using the heaviest weight I could handle. My biceps are nice and sore right now.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
elusive wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
Im a low rep guy. 4-8 is where I generally stay. However I do go up to 12-15 on conc curls so really I’m hitting many rep ranges.

So on the exercises that you’re doing 4-8 reps on, how many sets are you doing? I know, you’ve been steadily packing size on your arms, so I’m all ears.

Well here is what I did yesterday for instance.

BB Curls
WU
1 Light Set of 8
1 Set of 6 reps
1 Set of 4 reps

Plate Loaded Machine Preacher Curls

1 set of 10
1 set 0f 8
1 set of 4

Moved on to seated Alt. DB curls

1 set of 8 reps
1 set of 8 reps
1 set of 5 reps

Conc Curls

1 set of 8 reps
1 set of 8 reps
1 set of 6 reps

So really the workout was all medium to low reps. I pyramided the weight on each exercise and took the last set to failure when I was using the heaviest weight I could handle. My biceps are nice and sore right now.[/quote]

Thanks for the insight Austin.

I will hit 12 reps for wu sets my working sets vary from five to 10 depending on where I am at in my progression for that weight. As soon as I can do 10 reps I up the weight so I can only do 4-5 on my heaviest set. This is growing me.

The high rep stuff really pumped my arms but they never really grew until I focused on upping the poundage. Moving from EZ bar to the straight bar helped me personaly as well.

Anyone else every experimented with heavy mechanical drops