Arms Are Lagging- 2 Arm Days?

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
have you thought about putting tri’s in after chest, and bi’s in after back?

i noticed a huge gain in size once i started following that advice.[/quote]

and why should we listen to you, got big arms or something /sarcasm

at 5’9 200, I don’t think your arms are lagging.

I’m 5’8 196 with 15.25 arms.

Sure, they’re not big, but I think we are at least comparable. Genetics might not be that great for arm appearance, along with needing more weight to get bigger arms.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:

i noticed a huge gain in size once i started following that advice.

Sure, they’re not big, but I think we are at least comparable. Genetics might not be that great for arm appearance, along with needing more weight to get bigger arms.[/quote]

I think when it comes to bodybuilding, everyone thinks they have small arms, regardless of how proportional they are. At least that’s the way it seems.

HolyMacaroni wrote:

i noticed a huge gain in size once i started following that advice.

Sure, they’re not big, but I think we are at least comparable. Genetics might not be that great for arm appearance, along with needing more weight to get bigger arms.[/quote]

No. 15.5 arms at 200 pounds is definitely lagging.

I have the worst bicep genetics ever (completely flat, no peak whatsoever) and my arms are still 16.5 unpumped at 175lbs. And I consider my arms to be lagging.

OP
If you aren’t already do a few exercises that focus of moving very heavy loads. Sacrifice form if you have to. Then do a few exercises where you focus solely on contracting the muscle as hard as possible.

I would also move you arm day so there is a few days of rest between your chest and back sessions.

Work your arms as often as they are recovered.

I am seeing good progress doing standing DB curls, standing EZ bar curls, Incline DB curls and reverse curls with the EZ bar.

Tri’s - I do IHCGP’s with elbows flared, wide grip pushdowns, overhead extensions, V-handle pushdowns.

Yeah, Good post by BONEZ. Although 16.5 in. arms on a 175lbs body seems pretty solid though man. I’ve got 16’s at 195… ouch. And shitty bi/tri genetics in terms of shape and attachments.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
Yeah, Good post by BONEZ. Although 16.5 in. arms on a 175lbs body seems pretty solid though man. I’ve got 16’s at 195… ouch. And shitty bi/tri genetics in terms of shape and attachments.[/quote]

Yea it may sound solid but the complete lack of a peak means I’ll have to add another inch or two before they don’t look like they lag. It’s all about the aesthetics.

just throwing in my thoughts

triceps dips are the best for me to gain on triceps, but after chest i can’t do as much weight as i normally would, so i used to do these on back day and biceps/triceps pump on chest day

so

chest/biceps/light triceps
legs
rest
back/heavy triceps
shoulders
rest

that worked pretty well for me to get my dip numbers up, which made bigger triceps

but having your own arm day kinda gets around that too.

i train arms twice every 8 days, but i use a lot less sets than you

only 2 working sets + 1 finisher for bi’s and tris

“Winning the arms race”

Yep his arms are lagging for his size. Super heavy CGBP and Heavy straight BB curls, Heavy skull crushers, Super heavy hammer curls built my arms well.

In reading this thread I’m getting the impression that the measurements being given are unflexed. Is this so? And if so, why?

I have always been under the impression that the arm measurement was always taken flexed, 90 degrees to the side. Even under this impression a few years ago I asked if someone’s measure was flexed or unflexed just for clarification and was told by a distinguished member that it should always be flexed.

Just curious.

cueball

Edit: I guess the reason I bring it up is because it would change someone’s opinion of how “lagging” or not the poster is depending on how it was taken.

I’m pretty sure all measurements given so far are flexed. At least mine was.

[quote]cueball wrote:
In reading this thread I’m getting the impression that the measurements being given are unflexed. Is this so? And if so, why?

I have always been under the impression that the arm measurement was always taken flexed, 90 degrees to the side. Even under this impression a few years ago I asked if someone’s measure was flexed or unflexed just for clarification and was told by a distinguished member that it should always be flexed.

Just curious.

cueball

Edit: I guess the reason I bring it up is because it would change someone’s opinion of how “lagging” or not the poster is depending on how it was taken.[/quote]

When you measure anything, for accuracy, the muscle should be cold and flexed. I could not fathom why somebody would measure their arms unflexed.

I’m paying close attention to this thread. My limbs in general are lagging behind, but I’ve never given my arms their own day. I gotta change things up for my next mass phase. Like BONEZ, my biceps have NO PEAK at all. They’re long and barely change when flexed. I generally do 8-12 reps for most of my exercises with 6 reps being an exception for heavier movements, but what rep ranges are you guys doing?

I tend to stick to 8-12 reps for arms.

even during a strength phase of 5 reps, I’ll give arms a higher rep range.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

When you measure anything, for accuracy, the muscle should be cold and flexed. I could not fathom why somebody would measure their arms unflexed.[/quote]

In the fitness industry, you measure unflexed. Of course as mentioned before, this is a BBing forum, so it should be flexed.

austin_bicep wrote:

When you measure anything, for accuracy, the muscle should be cold and flexed. I could not fathom why somebody would measure their arms unflexed.

In the fitness industry, you measure unflexed. Of course as mentioned before, this is a BBing forum, so it should be flexed.[/quote]

Thanks guys. That’s always been my understanding.

jehovasfitness, why is it measured unflexed in the fitness industry?

cueball

In the fitness industry, you measure unflexed. Of course as mentioned before, this is a BBing forum, so it should be flexed.[/quote]

except the only people who do that are people who want to take measurements for fat loss progress.

[quote]elusive wrote:
I’m paying close attention to this thread. My limbs in general are lagging behind, but I’ve never given my arms their own day. I gotta change things up for my next mass phase. Like BONEZ, my biceps have NO PEAK at all. They’re long and barely change when flexed. I generally do 8-12 reps for most of my exercises with 6 reps being an exception for heavier movements, but what rep ranges are you guys doing?[/quote]

Im a low rep guy. 4-8 is where I generally stay. However I do go up to 12-15 on conc curls so really I’m hitting many rep ranges.

Yeah the measurements I gave were flexed. And thanks for all the responses guys, lots to think about, the thread seems to have evolved nicely lol

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
Im a low rep guy. 4-8 is where I generally stay. However I do go up to 12-15 on conc curls so really I’m hitting many rep ranges.[/quote]

So on the exercises that you’re doing 4-8 reps on, how many sets are you doing? I know, you’ve been steadily packing size on your arms, so I’m all ears.