Arms and Quads ?

Should i do abdominal work, for my arms to improve and legs, i didnt think i would have to so much because of how much core work i have done in the past(army training that consisted of just the core and legs).

english please

[quote]Daveski7 wrote:
Should i do abdominal work, for my arms to improve and legs, i didnt think i would have to so much because of how much core work i have done in the past(army training that consisted of just the core and legs).[/quote]

Huh? I’m unable to understand what you’re asking.

I usually do some isolation work for my abs about once a month.

When I want my arms and legs to improve I usually do bicep curls, close grip presses, and hack squats. Those make my arms and legs grow more than russian twists and hanging leg lifts.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

When I want my arms and legs to improve I usually do bicep curls, close grip presses, and hack squats. Those make my arms and legs grow more than russian twists and hanging leg lifts. [/quote]

Im sorry you misunderstood, when doing say a standing barbell curl, the chain of muscles involved is primary arms, then for stabilization is core then the legs which send the impulses.

And every muscle is supposed to be just as strong that is where my question cam from. And deep front squats increase strength and transtion to sports way better that hack squats.

Nevermind.

The legs send the impulses?
In bodybuilding if your legs are having anything to do with a barbell curl then your doing it wrong. Unless your core is pathetically weak the actual core muscles should have little influence on your arm strength, although I can see where your coming from.

[quote]Daveski7 wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

When I want my arms and legs to improve I usually do bicep curls, close grip presses, and hack squats. Those make my arms and legs grow more than russian twists and hanging leg lifts.

Im sorry you misunderstood, when doing say a standing barbell curl, the chain of muscles involved is primary arms, then for stabilization is core then the legs which send the impulses. And every muscle is supposed to be just as strong that is where my question cam from. And deep front squats increase strength and transtion to sports way better that hack squats.
[/quote]

Whatever you say chief

[quote]aussie101 wrote:
In bodybuilding if your legs are having anything to do with a barbell curl then your doing it wrong. Unless your core is pathetically weak the actual core muscles should have little influence on your arm strength, although I can see where your coming from. [/quote]

Go here its like the 2nd or 3rd bullet

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/booming_biceps_part_i

And thats what i was talking about.

Bullshit.

You want big arms? Curl and don’t forget your tri’s either.

You want big legs? Get in the hole and squat.

So… You want to do ab work to get your arms bigger?

OP: I think your confusing the role of stabilizer muscles

Chimera; I don’t think he wants to do ab work to get big arms i think he wants to do arm work to get ‘sic abz’.

The only reason to even respond is to pad my post!

[quote]Omca wrote:
OP: I think your confusing the role of stabilizer muscles

Chimera; I don’t think he wants to do ab work to get big arms i think he wants to do arm work to get ‘sic abz’. [/quote]

I see, but I don’t know which is worse.

[quote]Daveski7 wrote:
aussie101 wrote:
In bodybuilding if your legs are having anything to do with a barbell curl then your doing it wrong. Unless your core is pathetically weak the actual core muscles should have little influence on your arm strength, although I can see where your coming from.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/booming_biceps_part_i
[/quote]

what the article is telling you is that if you wan’t big arms, doing nothing but bicep curls with pink dumbells will limit your growth.
everybody on here who has big arms also has big legs, big chest strong back, core etc.etc.
this does not mean you don’t need to train arms to get big arms, of course you do. but i have yet too see a guy walking round with 20" arms who didn’t have a solid looking torso.

so, at your level of development, forget the article and train everything hard and heavy, eat plenty of food and don’t get to hung up on the details. it will only hold you back.

WTF…?

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
So… You want to do ab work to get your arms bigger?[/quote]

No actually i hate core trainging with a passion. i believ that deadlifts, front squats, split squats and othe variations work it good enough so i just dont do it…plus im a wrestler so i already have a strong core.

[quote]alit4 wrote:
Daveski7 wrote:
aussie101 wrote:

what the article is telling you is that if you wan’t big arms, doing nothing but bicep curls with pink dumbells will limit your growth.
everybody on here who has big arms also has big legs, big chest strong back, core etc.etc.
this does not mean you don’t need to train arms to get big arms, of course you do. but i have yet too see a guy walking round with 20" arms who didn’t have a solid looking torso.

so, at your level of development, forget the article and train everything hard and heavy, eat plenty of food and don’t get to hung up on the details. it will only hold you back.[/quote]

Yea it was just a question i have the training, food intake and what not down, do im good to go. Just wondering.

thanks to you all for replying even though my queston was misunderstood at first, thanks for the responses anyway.