T Nation

Armour Thyroid

Ok, I am doing my due diligence on using armour thyroid for additional fat loss. How much can you take that will not cause suppression of the thyroid? I know that with the HPTA, even a small amount of exgoeneous T will cause the HPTA to shut down. It is my understanding that the thyroid may be a bit more forgiving.

If I take 1/4 to 1/2 a grain of Armour Thyroid, will this cause a shut down of the thyroid, or just give it a little boost?

Thanks

Bump

meh… i do not think that low of a dosage would shut you down… but i think it might be a good idea to do some sort of cycle… i am doing some research on my own, but from what I can see, i think it it is something you can do for two weeks, stop for a week, … your thyroid does have the ability to start back up again on its own… but til then… this is not a deff. answer to your question… it is also to keep the thread going because I too am curious

I still haven’t found a good response to this. What I am afraid of, is that if I take 1/2 grain of Armour Thyroid my actual Free T3 will drop as my thyroid is shutting down not making enough and I am not taking enough Armour…

I really wouldn’t believe that anecdotal evidence about the Thyroid being more forgiving? Any exogenous T4 or T3 can also shut down your Thyroid production. I would advise supplementing with T3 rather then T4 or Armour since the Half life is shorter and with difinative metabolic effects. A large majority of the Armour is T4 and if you are on a low calorie or low carb diet your body can make a number of adaptations to avoid converting the T4 in active T3?

MVACC