Armin's Natural Strength Log

That sounds like a long month.

I never really had trouble fasting Ramadan. I’ve been doing it regulary since I was 14 or so. My main problem is that I’m really addicted to caffeine, so I tend to have headaches for a day or two.

I had a slight headache on the first day on Wednesday, and the other three days have been fine, managed to squeeze in a workout today before the break of fast.
One of the coolest thing is that you get so strong mentally, when not eating or drinking for 18 hours you feel like there is not a task or issue too hard that you cannot complete or solve.

1 Like

Saturday 19th May - First Ramadan workout , 45 minutes before the break of fast
OHP 50kg x8, 60kg x5 + 3 - rested for 20 secs after 5 reps, and then squeezed in another 3.
Squat 105kg x8, 120kg x6, + 2 - again rested for about 20 secs and did another 2easy
Bench 80kg x8, 100kg x5 + 3- also rested 20 secs and did another 3
Deficit Deadlift 100kg x8, 110kg x8

• I felt like I could have completed the required reps of 8 on each exercise in one go, but as soon as I felt like I was a bit dizzy or questioned the next rep I racked the weight and rested a bit.
  • I think even if I only did 2 sets per exercise this way that I might maintain my mass, because I’m still keeping the intensity. Work schedule has been messy these few days, hope to start my 3 week vacation starting from Wednesday, that way squeezing in the workout will not be so hard to do.

Wednesday 23rd May - Ramadan Maintenance workout #2
OHP
60kg x5
55kg x8
50kg x10
Bench
100kg x5
90kg x8
80kg x10
pullups 6x5
barbell curls
40kg x6
35kg x8
30kg x10

• Done about 40 minutes before break of fast. This is pretty much the limit of the volume I can do at that time, probably glycogen stores empty etc. I’m hoping this kind of workouts should help me maintain my muscle. I’m supposed to do lower body workout on Friday, similair to this one in the amount of work done.
1 Like