Arm Wrestling Training?

So i got beat at arm wreslting, not by any person but one of these big russian imagrants that did a insane amount of manual labor in russia. Belive me he was strong as hell, when i got beat he said in a big smile you got 2 years to go again. I said give me 6 months.

So anyway i wanna beat this guy, trouble is i got no were to start. I mean i always arm wrestle in school but just for fun, these guys started making it serious. What are some good training for arm wrestling.

Here are some quotes from Travis Bagent, a badass armwrestler-

“I choose to weight train instead of weekly armwrestling practice. I?d tell you my secret but would have to kill you afterwards…”

“My recommendations to new armwrestlers would be to get strong first then learn to armwrestle. You can only trick people for so long, to reach the top you need power…”

I would say some strongman stuff like thickbar training and farmers walks wouldn’t hurt.

- YouTube

i am thinking that heavy negatives on chins and pullups would help, then have like one day were i do a mix of pullups,chins,wide grip, and other variations all with added weight.

Also working the heavy gripper, and deadlifts…with the added 10-15 sec hold at the end of a set.

• I think this would be the best

[quote]jumper wrote:
Here are some quotes from Travis Bagent, a badass armwrestler-

“I choose to weight train instead of weekly armwrestling practice. I?d tell you my secret but would have to kill you afterwards…”

“My recommendations to new armwrestlers would be to get strong first then learn to armwrestle. You can only trick people for so long, to reach the top you need power…”
[/quote]
travis is one intense dude.

check out arm wrestling.com

Do a search on this and check out this link

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1214401

Strength is good but really good technique is the most important, I know because unfortunately I am the other way around (pretty strong but so-so technique).

Just got back from the Florida state armwrestling championships last weekend, placed 4th in 95k novice left and 8th in 95k novice right. The guys who beat me were by no means stronger, but were quicker off the jump and more technical. I am 200 lbs and can power clean 200 lbs, bench 300 lbs. and still got my ass handed to me guys younger, smaller and weaker than me. So I’d say that table time is just as important as gym time. I’m currently train with a team that meets about once a month. Got anymore specific questions, send me a PM and good luck.