T Nation

Arm Workout Addition

Hey,

At the moment I’m doing Stronglifts 5x5, which doesn’t really include any direct bicep work.

What could I add to one of the workouts (the program consists of workouts A and B, which are alternated every session) to directly hit my arms. I have been doing 3x10 barbell curls at the end of Workout B (front squats, overhead press, deadlift, chin ups), but it doesn’t seem to be effective and I’ve already stalled at 35kg on it.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks!

This version of 5x5 has arm work built in (it says it’s assistance under the main movement’s rep ranges and whatnot)

wackyhq.com/madcow5x5/geocities/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

Basically dips BB curls and tri extensions on the third day. Dips are 3 sets of 5-8 and the others are 3 sets of 8.

Maybe you could copy it onto your program, or switch to this one where it’s built in. You’re going to stall on arm exercises though, they’re small muscles. If I were you I’d make some rep goals to shoot for with a certain weight and try to get there each session. Like say you’re BB curling 70x10, you could shoot for and extra rep every session until you hit 70x15 and then add weight and start over again. That’s what work for me when trying to progress with small bodyparts.