Arm Training Advice

I haven’t had a day specifically for Arms in a long time, mostly bi’s paired with back and tri’s with chest. You know, the usual.

But with this split I thought I’d try Arm day on their own and was wondering what you guys prefer when it comes to setting out exercises.

Do you do either all your bicep/tricep exercises first and then work on the other muscle group or set them out antagonistically one bicep, one tricep etc etc?

I know this is fairly trivial but I would like to hear some other thoughts on this, whether it would affect performance and what not…and I can’t remember this topic coming up lately/ever so it would be a change from “Critique My Split” =)

when i train arms on their own day i usually do all the work for my bi’s first then move on to tri’s. I am however soon going to try doing it antagonistically just to see what it is like.

I always alternate the biceps and triceps during my arm workouts. I don’t know why, I just like it that way. The muscles feel better and I feel like I can squeeze harder and use more weight by going back and forth, and the pump is a lot greater.

I’ve done both, I prefer doing biceps and rotating to triceps after they are complete, or vice versa. I like devoting all my attention to a particular muscle group at one time, but both ways work and seriously you’re not going to see much or any difference at all either way.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
I always alternate the biceps and triceps during my arm workouts. I don’t know why, I just like it that way. The muscles feel better and I feel like I can squeeze harder and use more weight by going back and forth, and the pump is a lot greater.[/quote]

x2

I think that the important factor isn’t which one you do first, but how intensely you’re training during your session. Being a pump addict, I think I’m gonna have some fun with mr popular’s approach, haven’t done that in a while.

Well I think I’ll stick to antagonistic as that’s what seem to be favourable. I’ve tried both in the past (over a year ago) and will probably give the other way a go in the next program…if I don’t ove this way of course =)

cheers
bams

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Yeah I’ve read the roundtables, some good stuff in all of them.