T Nation

Arm Thickness

Hey guys, looking for some new routines for arm thickness, I know tricep takes up 2/3rds of the arm but the bicep plays an important role as well. Any advice would be appreciated

One set of heavy bicep exercise at the end of back workout. One heavy set of tris at end of chest workout. Aim to fail in the 5-8 rep range. Do nothing else for arms. Seem too simple? I,m 6’6" and have 16 1/2-17 inch arms. Not massive but big enough. Take a look at my post and log in over 35 lifter. Good luck

SQUEEEEEEEEEZE.

What is “thickness” exactly? I think you just want bigger arms. In any case, just keep working them hard and they will grow. All this terminology will just build confusion, not big arms.

[quote]Fabrezeo wrote:
Hey guys, looking for some new routines for arm thickness, I know tricep takes up 2/3rds of the arm but the bicep plays an important role as well. Any advice would be appreciated[/quote]

I would make sure to incorporate some type of (heavy) hammer curls. It helps in making your bicep ‘pop’ from the “outside”

Assuming you’re pretty new at this (being in the Beginner’s section and all), I’d say you are probably majoring in the minors. Just focus on getting stronger in your big compounds and adding mass everywhere (I’m not saying neglect arms entirely if they’re important to you, just don’t worry about them too much, since they’re probably not even lagging anyway). Your arms will grow along with the rest of you.

One big reason you’re probably overstressing: once you get “big” (to the general public that is) all over, 99% of the regular population will not give a shit, or even notice, that your arms and legs deviate slightly from the ideal proportions.

[quote]Fabrezeo wrote:
Hey guys, looking for some new routines for arm thickness[/quote]
Nobody who’s 6’2" and under 165 pounds has significant, let alone impressive, arm thickness. Nobody.

You’re not going to start looking “filled out” until you’re closer to the 180-190 range, at least.

It’s not about finding a better arm workout or hitting the brachialis or training triceps enough or whatever. It’s about increasing bodyweight by adding muscle, which means nutrition is tons more important than training.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Fabrezeo wrote:
Hey guys, looking for some new routines for arm thickness[/quote]
Nobody who’s 6’2" and under 165 pounds has significant, let alone impressive, arm thickness. Nobody.

You’re not going to start looking “filled out” until you’re closer to the 180-190 range, at least.

It’s not about finding a better arm workout or hitting the brachialis or training triceps enough or whatever. It’s about increasing bodyweight by adding muscle, which means nutrition is tons more important than training.[/quote]

x2 same height myself and when wearing normal clothes I didn’t really look like I lifted until I hit 200

I’m 6ft and 250, and I think my arms need to be thicker :slight_smile: get used to it. get stronger, get bigger, train arms hard, but they’ll probably never be where your satisfied, just saying. Goodluck mabey synthol/Dbol

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
I’m 6ft and 250, and I think my arms need to be thicker :slight_smile: get used to it. get stronger, get bigger, train arms hard, but they’ll probably never be where your satisfied, just saying. Goodluck mabey synthol/Dbol[/quote]

It’s true. The only thing you can count on is that you will never be satisfied, be it about size/aesthetics, or strength. That’s the fun of lifting though.

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:

I’m 6ft and 250, and I think my arms need to be thicker :slight_smile: get used to it. get stronger, get bigger, train arms hard, but they’ll probably never be where your satisfied, just saying. Goodluck mabey synthol/Dbol[/quote]

It’s true. The only thing you can count on is that you will never be satisfied, be it about size/aesthetics, or strength. That’s the fun of lifting though.[/quote]

Lol @ “the fun of lifting is being constantly disappointed”.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:

It’s true. The only thing you can count on is that you will never be satisfied, be it about size/aesthetics, or strength. That’s the fun of lifting though.[/quote]

Lol @ “the fun of lifting is being constantly disappointed”.[/quote]

Hahahaha that’s not what I meant at all!

My question is: what would you do if you finally achieved all your goals and were able to step back and say, “well, I’ve gotten as big, strong, and pretty as I would like to be. Time to step back and just maintain what I’ve got”?

Most people would say you need some new goals. The fun of lifting is making new goals and new challenges to complete as you achieve your old ones.

Haha, yeah, I knew what you meant. The phrasing just made me laugh.