Arm Size Lacking, Tried Pretty Much Everything

[quote]
+2. also get your close grip bench up and do most pressing thumbless(obviously be safe, use rack etc)
Also am loving this at the mo…

I do everything thumbless. I’ll check that video out!

[quote]Brett620 wrote:
I think you look great. But if I HAD to be critical… a little more on the lateral head of the triceps. Biceps are just fine.

If you are 230, I imagine your legs are pretty solid.[/quote]

They are decent I guess:

[quote]ThePitbull86 wrote:
Try the chin-up project by Shugart on the home page. I’m not a big guy (5’11 185) but i’ve added 30 lbs in the last 2-3 years with 5x5 and starting strength workouts and felt like my arms weren’t growing with the rest of me. I’ve been doing the chin-up project and visually noticed my arms look bigger after 2-3weeks. Could just be a bit of a pump from the constant chin’s but it’s worth a shot if you’re not getting what you want out of all the other programs.[/quote]

I’ll take a look, thanks!

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
It kind of depends what your week looks like, what split your on, but i would have two days where I started with a tri move ( push downs, french press) then go to weighted dips, or CGBP for some heavy volume, like 5x5, then on to the rest of my chest, or shoulder workout, finishing off the workout with one last tri move, before you go home, to leave with a pump.

As far as bi’s, you could still have an arm day, similar to what you have, working tri’s 3 x a week for 3mths won’t kill you, just think outside the box a little. As a PLer, if I want to improve somthing, I’ll work it 4-5 times a week for a 3mth cycle, so focus on getting stronger on dips, and close grip, by giving them they’re own day, and making them a priority for awhile.

The worst thing that will happen on a program like this, is your chest, and shoulder’s stay the same as they are now, while your tri’s grow, but likely you’ll still make some improvements on these anyway. Point is if you want somthing, make it a priority. 2cents

you can do some curls between sets of squats, and deads, as well if you feel you need extra work there. [/quote]

Delts are ok if they stay the same, as long as tri’s get bigger. Don’t know if I want to stall chest developement as this was a very weak point all the time and just now I’ve been putting some size on there. I’ll see what happens if I try to hit tri’s more like you said.

Agreed. And his development is in line with his strength levels, since he clearly isn’t genetically gifted in the arms department.

OP, it looks like you’ve simply NOT been lifting long enough from those pics (no density yet).

If you really want bigger arms you simply need to build a wider base of size and strength at this point. On the other hand if you only want your arms to “pop” better (i.e. look “bigger” in a selfie) you’ll need to drop down to the low to mid 200’s.

Pump work definitely has its place to add volume to your arm work, as long as it does not replace overall progression.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
To be perfectly honest your arms look in proportion to the rest of your body. I see nothing that suggests that they are falling behind your overall development. I’d just keep doing what you’ve been doing if you are making slow steady progress.[/quote]

I’m running a 5/3/1 progression for main lifts, and have seen definite improvement in arm size with high frequency (especially triceps). these are the excercises i’m using that seem to help

Tues: Close grip bench 5/3/1, press, dips, pushups, reverse grip cable pushdowns
Wed: (Deadlift 5/3/1) Chin-ups, BB curl, cable curl, DB hammer curl
Fri: Bench 5/3/1, Incline DB bench, dips, pushups, rope pushdowns, Zottman curls
Sun: Pullups, superset of EZbar curl, cable row, french press, close grip bench; forearm curls

M-F i periodically perform attempted singles with 250lb grippers, grip 200lbs for low reps.