T Nation

Arm Pain from Benching

I recently started experiencing a dull aching pain in my left arm while benching. The pain feels like it’s in the bone about 2” above my elbow and stops before my shoulder. I just finished the Smolov Jr bench workout and transitioned to a twice a week bench workout. Once I get above 315lbs reps the pain is noticeable and last for about an hour the workout. Any suggestions?

Front or back of your upper arm?

Maybe triceps or triceps tendon related

Pro tip maybe don’t keep doing things that hurt

It’s not the front or the back. It’s the side.

Tricep then

Ive got the same thing, my right arm hurts when benching and shoulder pressing. I’ve not been able to train chest or shoulders for 8 weeks now. I had a cortisol injection over a week ago in my elbow (thought the pain might be brachialis tendinitis), but it still hurts. I tried dumbell shoulder pressing today but only but up to 7kg per side before it started hurting. I’ve just started on a course of bpc-157 peptides (250mcg ed), it’s the third day in. Fuck I hope this works, it’s really getting me down. And I can’t just not go to the gym, I’m the owner :sob:

That’s brutal mate, hope you recover soon :+1:

Do you low bar squat by chance? I am dealing with bicep tendinitis that flares up with bench and I attribute it to low bar squatting. It has gotten worse over past few months. I am doing PT now and working around exercises to try and let it heal.

This is my issue as well. I purchased a ssb and do several squatting sessions with it alone. Honestly it’s only made my low bar stronger and helped my shoulders heal. I cut out certain pressing movements as well. Benching isn’t an issue for me personally and if I’m doing the other things I listed when I low bar squat it doesn’t hurt. If I were low bar squatting 2x weekly I’d probably go 2-3 weeks and wouldn’t be able to do anything