Arm Isolations for a Beginner Lifter

This is my first post to the forums, so I apologise if this is in the wrong place

I have been following a simple push and pull routine for about 3 months now, and I have definately added mass all over my body, especially my back and legs. The routine currently has no bicep/tricep exercises and looks like this

Monday and Thursday

Bench press 3x8
Incline bench 3x8
Shoulder press 3x8
Side lateral raises 3x8

Tuesday and Friday

Squats 3x8
Deadlift 3x8
Bent over barbell row 3x8
Reverse bent over barbell row 3x8

I was wondering if I was to add perhaps 3 sets of bicep curls on my back and legs day and 3 sets of tricep kickbacks on chest and shoulders if that would yield any benefits in terms of arm size, I have been told from numerous people not to worry about arm isolations until I start on a 5 day split, but I have also been told it would benefit my arm development greatly, any opinons?

Thanks

Do it if you feel like it. As long as you keep doing the big lifts, you will be fine. Also, don’t do kickbacks, do a manlier isolation exercise for your triceps. Just sayin’.

[quote]tomhw90 wrote:
I have been told from numerous people not to worry about arm isolations until I start on a 5 day split, but I have also been told it would benefit my arm development greatly[/quote]
If your primary goal is to build muscle, it makes sense to address every muscle directly as part of a well-designed routine. Waiting until you’re doing a 5-day split is absolutely unnecessary.

Get on a well-designed program. What you’re doing now is inefficient and poorly balanced. The progress you’ve seen so far is because you’re showing up and doing something in the gym, but your results will bump up even further as soon as you start following a good plan.