Arm Definition

Hey everyone, I need some help. I want to know some ways to get more definition in my arms, seperation between the deltoids, triceps and biceps. i searched for it but i havent had much luck, if you could tell me as many exercises as you can it will all be done and will be alot of help, and how much protein should i consume? Thanks

You weigh 155lbs at 6’1". You have to have some muscle to see definition in muscle groups.

OK before everyone starts flaming you let me tell what everyone else is going to say. The seperation you speak of between your arms and delts will only be obtained when you reach a certain level of bodyfat. I checked on evrything you have previously posted on as well. I saw your “soft muscle” post. You don’t have soft muscles you have too much bodyfat. You can do all the exercises you want for definition but you won’t get it unless your diet is in check and your doing some kind of cardio. Read the assloads of trainning and diet articles in the archives and get back to us.

Get huge fricking arms (15 inches at a min. This is if you have joints the size of a 14 year old thai girl) and then diet down to a bodyfat of seriously nothing.

In all honesty. Just use big compound movements. Keep the bodyfat low and you’ll see seperation.

In addition to what X said, muscle definition is a result of low body fat, which is a result of diet, so you’ll have to work in the gym and the kitchen. As for protein consumption, there’s plenty of information on this site if you take the time to look.

JMB

workout…eat clean…
that is all.

I do, and i have a considerable amount but if i have no shirt on or a tank top and my arms are at my side not flexing none of my muscles really stick out it just goes straight down and all you can see is that vein in my biceps that goes from my shoulder to my elbow but i was wanting to know if i could get any exercises that will have my shoulder triceps and biceps stick out more without flexing and with them flat at my side. Thanks

I forgot to add that maybe im not consuming enough protein, you think i should up it some, or do i have some sort of soft muscle tissue or something and could i make them more cut. Thanks again.

Ok, thanks to everyone its been alot of help.

You can only see what is actually there (unless you’re high, that is). If you don’t have the muscle, you can’t really have a lot of definition. Get bigger muscles, and you’ll see more definition.

How much protein are you taking in right now genius? Why don’t you post your whole diet while you are at it.

Well danm you think that might help, im drinking 1 protein shake every other day which is only 40 % and im not getting that much from foods so im getting about 50% on a training day and alot less on a not training day.

At the risk of getting flamed to a crisp- Isolation exercises at mega high reps. Raise carb intake.
If you want a detailed description of a whole shitload of isolatoin exercises, look up the Golds Gym Encyclopedia Of Body Building. Disregard any of the “information” pertinent to diet though. It’s so antiquated they now sell bits of it as fossilized remains of a bygone era.

Now please excuse me as I slip into an asbestose suit.

What the crap 40%, 50%?!? What does this mean? Give a C/P/F breakdown by percentage and total cals are least. Or invest in a food log also called a food scale, paper, pen and literacy.

Zoro,

To put it more clearly: Just as you can’t “spot reduce,” neither can you “spot bulk.” If you want to add mass to your upper arm, you’re looking at a program that will involve…

–working out your whole body, not just your arms
–making sure your protein (and carb, and fat) intake is appropriate, an equation that involves knowing your LBM (Lean Body Mass)
–a cardio program to reduce BF (Body Fat)

The experienced and knowledgeable people on this forum have a lot to share (and don’t forget the Article Library in blue on the main page), but they need to know details about your current physique, your current diet, your current program.

Hey, there, Zoro! I can see you’re just starting out. Like TShaw said, I’d like to see you spend some time reading the articles in the Library. Anything and everything written by John Berardi or Lonnie Lowery will get you headed in the right direction and help you to achieve your goals.

While you’re doing that, I’ll give you a running head start. Along with picking a training program here on T-Nation, you need to make eating a priority. Eat big and bust your butt in the gym! The formula really is almost that simple.

But to be a little more precise, you need to be eating every 3 hours, from when you wake up to when you go to bed. One of the more important things is going to be eating protein every meal and also cutting the garbage out of your diet – the Cokes and snacks and sweets and chips. To build a big house, you need a solid, quality foundation. The same goes with building a big body. You have to build that body with quality food choices.

So right now, focus on adding protein to every meal, eating on a schedule (every 3 hours), eating quality carbs like fruit, veggies, beans, brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal (the real stuff), cutting out the sugar and fried foods and chips and candy bars. Combine that with just about any program here on T-Nation, and you’ll see the scale heading in the right direction, along with the muscular definition you’re hoping for!

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

OMFG! Proffessor X can I call you Captain Obvious from now on?

Damn,TT sure is a nice person. But just once i want to see her go off on someone on the boards. Come on Terry! Embrace your distain for ignorance. J/K

[quote]Tampa-Terry wrote:
Hey, there, Zoro! I can see you’re just starting out. Like TShaw said, I’d like to see you spend some time reading the articles in the Library. Anything and everything written by John Berardi or Lonnie Lowery will get you headed in the right direction and help you to achieve your goals.

While you’re doing that, I’ll give you a running head start. Along with picking a training program here on T-Nation, you need to make eating a priority. Eat big and bust your butt in the gym! The formula really is almost that simple.

But to be a little more precise, you need to be eating every 3 hours, from when you wake up to when you go to bed. One of the more important things is going to eat protein every meal and also to cut out the garbage out of your diet – the Cokes and snacks and sweets and chips. To build a big house, you need a solid, quality foundation. The same goes with building a big body. You have to build that body with quality food choices.

So right now, focus on adding protein to every meal, eating on a schedule (every 3 hours), eating quality carbs like fruit, veggies, beans, brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal (the real stuff), cutting out the sugar and fried foods and chips and candy bars. Combine that with just about any program here on T-Nation, and you’ll see the scale heading in the right direction, along with the muscular definition you’re hoping for!

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask.[/quote]

unless of course if you are a troll

which, as the evidence will suggest, you most likely are

jakewnet44, I have no disdain for someone who’s asking for help. I promise I’d help you the same way I did Zoro if you had a question or a problem and I knew the answer.

hoosierdaddy, nope, Zoro’s not a troll. He’s just a guy starting out in the iron game.