Arizon Strikes Back

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Jeffrey of Troy wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
You enforce the laws.

You make it nearly impossible for them to work and make money.

Just like in Alabama and Arizona, they will leave. When the prospect for them doesn’t look good, they leave.

This whole “we must round them all up” thinking is pathetic. Use the laws, with an iron fist, they will leave.

Also, birthright citizenship is a mistake, most civilized countries have done away with it, and for good reason. [/quote]

OK, here’s how to reverse the flood of illegal immigrants:

no free health care for illegals*
no free education for illegals*
no automatic citizenship for children born here if either parent is illegal
severe financial penalties for people or companies found to be employing illegals, enough so that it is impossible to make a profit while in violation of the law

*note: the children of illegals, if born elsewhere and came into USA illegally, are also illegal immigrants [/quote]

All of this in a perfect world…I would settle for # 1 and #4[/quote]

I would happy with just 4

I agree with what Mufasa said. One other thing I’d like to point out (that the president also did in the SOTU), is that we need to try to better “keep” the immigrants with higher skill levels (especially engineering/math/sciences/“needed industries”). I went to school with a number of foreigners who were amazing individuals and unquestionably can present huge benefits to whatever society they live it. Yet most were “afraid” of “having to” go home. The situations were complex, but the reality was that Americans should make it easy for high skilled laborers to stay in the states. I think this could be agreed upon and done BEFORE comprehensive reform…I think it should be done now.

interpreting the 14th amendment that maintains born here = citizen is cruel. There is an AND that gets casually missed. and subject to the jurisdiction thereof.
depolarize the magnet. What is drawing people here is yes, the opportunity, but also that we don’t enforce the laws that we have on the books.
It will be a bitter pill to swallow, but deportations need to happen. I won’t be so cruel as to say that Obama’s aunt and uncle should be first, but they should get ZERO special consideration.