Arimidex Reaction? Back Pain.

I will try to keep this brief:

-In February of 2010 I started 100mg Test. per week. A few months later, I upped it to 150mg per week. But I had E2 related negative side effects, so I started taking arimidex 2mg divided per week. Everything cleared up. At that point, I had 1050 Testosterone and E2 in the teens.

-I have had mysterious lower left back pain for over a year now. It is located where my low back intersects my hips and slightly off to the left. It’s not so much a pain, but an uncomfortable sensation. I can’t emphasize this enough, it’s not a sharp or dull pain, it’s an uncomfortable feeling that feels like something mechanically isn’t right in my back. It mainly occurs after sitting in a chair, or in my car, or on a soft surface such as a bed or sofa.

-I have no logical explanation for this sensation. It’s possible that I injured it squatting or deadlifting, but I’m not sure.

-Insurance paid for an MRI. The doctor said I had a very slight bulging disc that was causing the sensation, and sent me to physical therapy

-Physical therapy sessions had the pain gone by the end of the session…BUT, the pain always came right back as soon as I got in my car and started sitting and then went home and sat down. Basically the pain only went away when I was actively doing physical therapy during the PT session and came back as soon as the hourly session ended.

-Insurance then ran out.

-I took the only money I had ($1500 from scholarships) and went to a chiropractor. It hasn’t improved one bit.

-I tried other things on my own such as sleeping on the floor, getting a supportive chair, getting a supportive cushion, a “treat your own back” book.

Could this be arimidex in action? The pain is localized to a very specific region. It is NOT an a dull ache or bone aching. But I wanted to check this over with you guys.

E2 levels that are too low can cause joint pain, but that does not sound like what you are describing. I do not believe Arimidex in itself could cause this pain. Are you taking fish oil? If not, it may help. Since you seemed to get some help from the PT, some sort of mobility therapy could provide relief. I have found that inversion chairs work remarkably well for back pain.

You have a confirmed bulging disc…that is causing your back pain, not the adex…

gotta figure out how to fix it…

I have the same thing and have just learned to live with it…

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
You have a confirmed bulging disc…that is causing your back pain, not the adex…

gotta figure out how to fix it…

I have the same thing and have just learned to live with it…[/quote]

One reason I don’t think it is Arimidex is because it’s not a bone-ache or dull pain or arthritis feeling…it’s a pain located in one specific location that goes away when doing physical therapy exercises (comes right back, but still)

That’s a lot of Arimidex (2mg/week) for being on a 150 mg per week dosage of test.

[quote]randman wrote:
That’s a lot of Arimidex (2mg/week) for being on a 150 mg per week dosage of test.[/quote]

Agreed. Low E2 might aggravate things that it dose not cause.

Anastrozole dose needs to be adjusted with E2 lab results.

Easy to take less for a few days to see what happens.

Sorry to bump an old post, but in case others run across it in searches: I think there may be something to this.

My E2 was in the mid-30s while on Anastrozole 0.1 eod. To try to bring it down to the 20s range, I switched to Letrozole 0.25 every day. After about a week, my lower back was killing me. I DO have a herniated disc, so this felt like a flare up with no trigger I could think of. Fortunately, after running into this post, I just took 3 days off any AI and my back is feeling better.

I too think it’ s not the arimidex. Try some form of inversion daily. Really helps lower back pain. Only takes a few minutes daily. Buy a teeter hang- up machine. Under 200 bucks and worth every penny. Sold at sporting good stores. I have issues too and yes from years of squats, deadlifts. I would wake at night with a knife in my right leg. Pain comes and goes. When I do inversion daily I never have issues.