Arimidex Not Agreeing with Me

I’ve been injecting .4ml 200mg of Test. Cypionate every six days. I’ve also been taking .25mg of Dex E3D to keep E2 in check. T and E2 levels are great BUT here’s the rub. Arimidex does NOT agree with me at all. The side effects are awful and I feel like crap on this stuff. I have anxiety, racing heart, tight chest, and it jacks my blood pressure up to 155/100. Nasty stuff. I know it’s the Dex because I went off it for 10 days and felt great and BP went back to normal. Are there other AIs out there that are well tolerated by guys? Chrysin is one option but how effective is it truly?

You have other posts with background info. Why are you disconnecting from those?

Are you using Rx anastrozole or something else.

What are your E2 levels on 0.5mg anastrozole twice a week?

When you inject E6D and take anastrozole twice a week, the later dose, acting on falling T will take E2 too low. That might be the problem.

If you really are not doing well with anastrozole, your next attempt should be aromasin.

[quote]KSman wrote:
You have other posts with background info. Why are you disconnecting from those?

Are you using Rx anastrozole or something else.

What are your E2 levels on 0.5mg anastrozole twice a week?

When you inject E6D and take anastrozole twice a week, the later dose, acting on falling T will take E2 too low. That might be the problem.

If you really are not doing well with anastrozole, your next attempt should be aromasin.

[/quote]

Yes, my Rx is Anastrozole .25 twice a week. Haven’t done a blood test as this dose. My last test E2 taking .50 twice a week was 9. I’ve never tried .5mg dose. How can you get the dose that small in pill form?

You bring up a great point about the later dose of Dex taking my E2 too low. Can your E2 levels climb from being too low to too high in just 9 days on only .4ml 200mg of Test. Cyp?

I might have to try the Aromasin? I’m thinking about trying Androgel in the hope I might not have to take an AI.

Androgel will create more E2 than injections.

Inject twice a week and take anastrozole then. You can cut the pills with a knife. See how that works.

E2 too low → too high? Too many confounding factors with T peaking and crashing to assign anything to anastrozole.

Your adex side effects may simply be your individual reaction to crashed E2 levels. Do what we recommend first.

Read the stickies, that is the best thing that you can do right now.

Im with you man! Arimedex does not agree with me either and I have searched many times trying to find other guys who have had trouble with it but I sure don’t find any. I take it one day, even as small a dose as a few drops of liquid or 1/4 of a pill. Next day I am left headachy and dizzy, dont like it at all. Started taking liquid Aromasin though and it is good to go! I think it should be superior to Arimadex to as it lowers SHBG, raises IGF 1 and worked wonders on my body acne when dialed in. Just switch if is an option.

You don’t want to switch to androgel. They actually fixed some of the aromatase issues when they came out with androgel 1.62%. With 1.62, you only apply it to the shoulder area instead of the abdomen as well. They found that applying it to the abdomen was causing more aromatase.

Anyhow, I haven’t found anything saying that you’re going into the office for injections or self-injecting? You would be better off if you self-injected no less than 2x/week. Test cyp has a 7 day half-life, so at day 7 if you’re injecting 80mg/week you’re down to 40. The math is more complicated than that, of course, but I think KSman is spot on when he said that the later dose of adex is acting on diminished E2 levels due to your Test dosing schedule causing you to feel bad.

You can get a pill cutter from any drug store. They work well for cutting a 1mg adex pill in half. Cutting into quarters starts getting tricky.

Do you have current SHGB levels? Elevated androgen levels will lower SHGB. I think E2 is probably your main issue. I don’t have any experience with aromasin, but my suggestion would be to try follow this protocol the best you can before you start switching stuff all around and have to start over.

Thanks, guys. After doing more research and thinking more about what’s going on with me, I really think that I’m taking too much Dex. Taking .25 is way too much for me, even after going off of it for 9 days. In fact I just did this. I stopped taking Dex due to low E2 symptoms for 9 days, felt great on days 6-8, then had high E2 symptoms on day 9. On day 10 felts like crap with low E2 symptoms.

I’m self injecting E6D with .4ml 200mg of Test Cyp. in my thigh (last blood test for Total T at that dose was 680). Even at that low of a dose for T, I still need an AI, but not as much as other guys.

I’ve got an appointment with the Doc on Tuesday and I’ll talk to him about another round of blood work and getting .5mg capsules for Dex and trying that twice a week. If that lower dose of Dex doesn’t work and I still feel like crap on it (i.e high blood pressure, dizziness, weakness, no wood, no libido (probably low E2)) then I’ll try another AI.

Speaking of the .5mg doses, what are you guys using for that dose? Capsules or are you cutting your 1mg pills into those doses?

[quote]KSman wrote:
Androgel will create more E2 than injections.

[/quote]

Back when I was taking Testim gel (2007-2010) I had no E2 issues, whatsover. Of course, my T levels were about 300 too on one and half tubes of gel. I was applying this stuff to my upper arms and shoulders, seemed to be a good area to keep E2 down.