Arimidex Long Term Usage Effects on TRT

Does anyone know of any studies on the effects of long term usage of Arimidex, used as an AI in TRT therapy. As I’m possibly going to be on TRT for a long time, I’m very weary of using this drug without long term effect info.

Anyone?

I’m talking years, not months please.

Seeing how it is not FDA approved for use in men , there may not be much data - I would also be interested in knowing answer though -

[quote]Sir toddington wrote:
Seeing how it is not FDA approved for use in men , there may not be much data - I would also be interested in knowing answer though - [/quote]
That’s what I’m finding. The data doesn’t exist. At least I can’t find any. Short term, it may be exactly what I need. But long term, who knows…

Try some natural approaches to lower estrogen - grape seed , DIM , zinc , selenium , fish oil - and inject more frequent ( 2x week ) to get less spikes in T level . These should lower the E level some , but maybe not enough and will need to add some ARIMIDEX , but not as much .

Try some natural approaches to lower estrogen - grape seed , DIM , zinc , selenium , fish oil - and inject more frequent ( 2x week ) to get less spikes in T level . These should lower the E level some , but maybe not enough and will need to add some ARIMIDEX , but not as much . [/quote]
I already inject twice a week, and have been on 100 mg/day of zinc for 2 weeks now. My test dose just got lowered from 200mg/wk to 150mg/wk. Hopefully the lowered test dose will mean lower estrogen too.

I have researched this topic extensively and there are no long term studies for use in men.

[quote]Gossamer wrote:

Try some natural approaches to lower estrogen - grape seed , DIM , zinc , selenium , fish oil - and inject more frequent ( 2x week ) to get less spikes in T level . These should lower the E level some , but maybe not enough and will need to add some ARIMIDEX , but not as much . [/quote]
I already inject twice a week, and have been on 100 mg/day of zinc for 2 weeks now. My test dose just got lowered from 200mg/wk to 150mg/wk. Hopefully the lowered test dose will mean lower estrogen too.[/quote]

That’s a lot of zinc and cannot be continued long term without risk.

The best way of reducing E is reducing T dose. The problem with this s that a lot of guys want T to be as high as possible within a legally prescribed framework so they can build myscle, even though it may not be good for their health. Remember the average T level of a young man is in the 500s or 600s, and you really don’t need more than that from a health and sex point of view.

I think very few men who keep T around 600 on TRT wil actually need an AI.

Without risk in what way? The only risk I’ve read about is the risk of copper depletion at the dose I’m taking. But, I’m taking a zinc copper supplement, so that shouldn’t be a problem. If you have info that says 100mg/day is risky, could you please post it for me? I certainly don’t want to cause any damage IF I keep using zinc long term.

I’d be happy with a good compromise with a little lower T level, if it meant I didn’t need any AI drugs. If my T is within an average normal range(not low normal), then I WILL build muscle. My problem is that my T level was 170, and I busted my butt working out, with minimal gains.

And for me, it’s not only about building muscle. I need to be at a T level which helps my other symptoms.

If I felt good at that level, I’d be content. I’m just not sure if that’s a good level for me.
My T dose has been lowered 25%, so we’ll see how that affects me in the next 6 weeks.

Oh btw, I forgot to mention that my bp has gone up on TRT. Before starting 9 weeks ago, my bp was 128/80. Yesterday it was 150/110.
:frowning:

Just an FYI, Dr. Abby says up to 100mg a day of zinc is fine for us humans.

I like Dr. Abby, she’s purdy. :slight_smile: