Arimidex Dosing for Excess Estrogen?

Hi guys,

I am 24 years old and have been diagnosed with low testosterone. My medical team are not 100% sure what the actual root cause is, but basically I have low free testosterone, high oestrogen levels and borderline low Human Growth Hormone levels. My endo has put me on Tostran gel in an attempt to bring my testosterone levels up from a feeble 15mnol to a healthier range. This has worked; my latest total testosterone reading came back at 28nmol so right in the upper end of the range. I have requested labs for my free testosterone, as with an oestrogen level of 243pmol/L I suspect a lot of that extra testosterone is being bound up, hence I still do not feel as good as I should do!

My oestrogen level is very high for a young man. It should be between 80-100pmol/L and my latest reading came back at 243pmol/L. I have many symptoms that would correlate with that number. ED, low libido, no morning erections, mood swings, inflamed acne so on. My endo has suggested that I try Anastrazole to bring my oestrogen levels down, as he thinks, as do I actually, that the main reason I am still suffering from unpleasant symptoms has more to do with the high oestrogen levels than it does with the testosterone as that is in a healthy range. He has recommended a dosing regime which entails taking 1/2 1mg tablet EOD and then a 1mg tablet on the days I do not take1/2 if that makes sense?

Now, I previously took 2mg of Anastrazole per week, with neither side effects nor symptom improvement, so it is clear to us that I am not an over- responder to the drug as I know some guys crash their oestrogen with doses like that. So question to guys on here is: should I do 1/2mg EOD or a 1mg EOD?

Any advice or insights would be appreciated.

Lowering E2 will make a huge difference.
Transdermal T has the highest T–>E2 potential, injected T the least.

Anastrozole is competitive with T at aromatase reaction sites. So it needs to match serum T levels. With your high-normal TT, take 0.5mg anastrozole twice a week. Do E2 labs in 3 weeks and adjust anastrozole dose to get near E2=80pmol/L. If you get E2=105, new dose is 0.5mg * 105/80. To dose arbitrary amounts of anastrozole, dissolve in vodka 1mg/ml and dispense by the drop or volume. A dropper bottle is best option.

Doses that you suggest are too high.

You have 12 other threads in this forum. Reviewing for other lab info and what has been discussed is impossible. There can be other issues that need context.

Sometimes E2 can be elevated from a liver problem or some medications, over the counter or prescribed, that reduce ability to clear estrogens in your liver. E2 levels are a balance of T–>E2 production and E2 clearance rates.

Symptoms can also include thyroid problems or low thyroid function which we may have covered before. However, your response to transdermal testosterone does suggest thyroid is somewhat OK.

By not using hCG 250iu subq EOD you are at risk of infertility.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.