T Nation

Argument with Doc Over HCG

So for the past year I have suffered from hypothyroidism and hypogonadism. The hypothyroid has gotten under control with the usage of Armour.

However testosterone levels still suck. I have attached blood work from Decemeber.

Anyways my argument is I wanted a referral to an endocrinologist or a script for HCG.

I told her that my research indicated a POSSIBLE secondary hypogonadism. My FSH and LH continue to be borderline low as well as testosterone.

She told me that HCG wouldnt do any good for me because of my previous "usage" and that only testosterone would work. Said my receptor sites were fried.

I then brought up the fact that almost a year ago I ran HCG,Clomid, and Nolvadex (Dr. Scally protocol) with great success total test was 606 and Free Test 22.4 (9-30). However this did not last and over the course of the year fell back down.

About 6 months after I did Scally protocol I also ran tribulus for a month and on one of my testing got total test up to 476 and free 14.3.

To me these indicated that when LH and FSH was improved that testosterone levels improved. Which in my mind would mean that I have seconday hypogonadism.

She was total against this, dismissed any doctor that believed in hcg, and then went on to say hcg is illegal and I couldnt even get it. I kept my composure and got my script to refer to an endo. She was not happy with me but screw her. Its my body and I know what I am suppose to feel like.

DHEA Sulfate 44 (110-370) Low
Estradiol 18 (13-54)
FSH 2.1 (1.6-8.0)
LH 2.9 (1.5-9.3)
Progesterone <0.5 (<1.4)
Total Test 251 (250-1100)
Free Test 50.2 (35.0-155.0)

Glucose 95 (65-99)
Total Chol 210 (125-200)
HDL 49 (>or=40)
Trigly 76 (<150)
LDL 146 (<130)
Homocysteine 6.1 (<11.4)
RBC 4.8 (4.2-5.8)

Free T3 3.4 (2.3-4.2)
Free T4 1.3 (0.8-1.8)
Thyroglobulin Antibodies <20 (<20)
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies <10 (<35)
TSH 3rd gen 0.6 (0.4-4.5)

There is a sticky for finding a doc and a thread about stupid things that docs say that you should add to.

Endo's are the worse, Uro's do not understand the basics.

FT levels move, shows low, but not overall effective amounts, go by TT.

LH levels move, FSH is the better indicator for gonadotropin output.

Progesterone is low, can contribute to low cortisol.

DHEA is low, indicating low pregnenolone, likely cause of low progesterone.
Increase pregnenolone by improving weak mitochondrial function with:
- alpha lipoic acid
- acetyl-l-carnitine
- fish oil and other EFAs, olive oil and less animal fat and less hydrogenated oils
- anti-oxidants, C, E, and others
- B vitamins

DHEA is not on a path to cortisol, but needed for other things. Try DHEA 50mg/day.

T4, T3 look good. We often see treatment take TSH lower, but I think that where you are is good.

Restoring T levels may improve thyroid function. With TSH still in play, you have a better chance of allowing that to happen.

You have spread your case over multiple threads and we do not have the benefit of past info and traffic to do a proper job.

We do not know how old you are or other health issues.

Do not use hCG and any SERM together! LH receptor overload.

TRT causes HPTA shutdown, reducing pregnenolone levels in the testes, making that problem worse. If you do TRT+AI, the testes will be working better and pregnenolone levels will increase instead of dropping.