Argument About Best Place To Live

Isn’t Atlanta know for their great women to guy ratio?

I heard some crazy numbers like, 13 to 1 (don’t know if I believe that, but I’ve heard that there are a lot more women to men anyway).

I’ve been looking for a much better climate than here in NY, and I really like AZ or San Diego, CA. I’m also looking at the Carolinas, but I think the West coast has better weather.

[quote]Deathroe wrote:
Man… are you SERIOUS about that? thinking canada is too cold but considering manhattan? what the hell do they teack you down there?? im from toronto, you kno what the temperature is right now? 2C. manhattan has a nearly identical temperature to manhattan.
[/quote]

This ir pretty much the definition of irony.

Welcome to Atlanta - where the players play.

We could probably be happy in any big city… just find one with nice weather.

Adelaide, Australia. No doubt.
We’ve got the best red wine regions in the world just a few km’s from the city (the Barossa and McLaren Vale) and a few kms south we have the Coonawarra. And we have Coopers, arguabley the best beer in the world.

We’ve got white sand beaches, (including a great nudist beach in the outer suburbs), you can own 10acre blocks just 45mins from the city (in peakhour traffic!), we are on the doorstep of the outback, if your inclined for a bit of outdoor lifestyle.

The city is lifestyle oriented, great schools and universities. Top restaurants. Some of the best natural produce, from meat to seafood to top quality veg.

And it’s extremely affordable.
Hoorah for my home town.

[quote]ShaunW wrote:
[/quote]

Been there twice, but only for 1 day each time. Once in May and once in July. Nice town; but it struck me as a sleepy town. People told me that it’s a great party town though. Oh yea, lots of bikers too. But I can see it being good family life.

I spent 5 months down under and had a great time. I was based on the Central Coast and got to travel to a few towns, but most often it was Sydney, which was next door. People on the coast said Sydney was shitty, too crowded, and too stressful. I went there quite often and loved it. Definitely a world-class city.

I would move there for some years, probably not for life but only cause I would miss Canada (and winter).

[quote]ShaunW wrote:
We’ve got the best red wine regions in the world just a few km’s from the city (the Barossa and McLaren Vale) and a few kms south we have the Coonawarra. And we have Coopers, arguabley the best beer in the world.

We’ve got white sand beaches, (including a great nudist beach in the outer suburbs), you can own 10acre blocks just 45mins from the city (in peakhour traffic!), we are on the doorstep of the outback, if your inclined for a bit of outdoor lifestyle.

The city is lifestyle oriented, great schools and universities. Top restaurants. Some of the best natural produce, from meat to seafood to top quality veg.

And it’s extremely affordable.
Hoorah for my home town.[/quote]

You are fucking kidding me? You want to send a kid just out of Uni to a town who’s tourism slogan “The city of churches”?

That sounds like a good time to me.

Gotta remember - before it was city of churches, it was city of pubs.
The only other city to rival adelaide in number of pubs per person was Broken hill in it’s heyday.

And yeah, a bit sleepy. Got to love a city where you can walk out into the center and not see anyone at 9am on a sunday morning.
at about 10am tho, the clubbers stumble out of the sat night ‘recovery’ bars, so it gets a bit messy then. But thats what the cafe’s are for - a heavy shot of caffine, and then it’s off to a mates bbq, and more beer (hair-of-the-dog style).

Avoid northern Virginia at all costs.

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:
Isn’t Atlanta know for their great women to guy ratio?

I heard some crazy numbers like, 13 to 1 …[/quote]

sounds reasonable, perhaps low … hey, this is all about personal preference … what do people like to do? in general, it seems that T-Nation folk like to be “fit” and have lots of “eye candy” … that being said, the US southwest is hard to beat … of course there are other great places … colorado? australia? new zealand? chile? others in south america? greece? italy? there are so many options … anywhere but Ireland, as that’s where that Will Heffernan sumdebitch is :wink:

Dan

Colorado Springs. Hands down.

5 reasons:

1- Incredible weather. Summer never gets above 90. Winter days are rarely even that cold.

2- Tons of outdoor sports. Fishing, hiking, skiing/snowboarding, biking, mountain climbing, hunting. Basically every outdoor sport you can think of.

3- Relatively clean, thin air. You may not think this is that good of a thing, but trust me, you will apreciate it. Plus, when you train up here at 7000ft, you feel incredible at sea level.

4- Beauty. Tree covered mountains, blue skies, and hot college chicks. Need I say more?

5- Biotest. Biotest is based here, so your orders are delivered in no time. Though ive never actually been to the building, I wonder if i can walk in and buy shit…

once you throw out finances, the only consideration is women/weather – women tend to look better and stay in shape where the weather is warm.

to this end, vegas and miami (and brazil and argentina apparently) are great places to visit. but the place to live is prob still southern CA.

[quote]carter12 wrote:
Avoid northern Virginia at all costs.[/quote]

Same goes for Sydney, Australia. Shit beaches, shit weather and shit women.

[quote]bundy wrote:

Same goes for Sydney, Australia. Shit beaches, shit weather and shit women.[/quote]

Where are you getting this crap from! I think that maybe you have just spend too much time there (assumption that you are from sydney) and are taking it for granted. Admittedly the beaches, weather and women are not the best in the world, but to call it shit is just taking it too far, and not very Australian of you at all.

If your criteria include weather, women, beaches, natural beauty etc. then you cannot forgot Camps Bay in Cape Town, South Africa!

[quote]xenithon wrote:
If your criteria include weather, women, beaches, natural beauty etc. then you cannot forgot Camps Bay in Cape Town, South Africa![/quote]

Straight! Although our women might be a bit more difficult than others, we really do have some beaut’s this side of the world.

And the weather - well you can’t argue with that. Hot summers, cool winters & no crazy natural disasters.

I do second that Australia is a stunning place - climate is very similair and the country is just something else.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
Hey there,

My idea of a good place to live would be where there are lots of hot, young people. Actually just hot, young women.

[/quote]

You are going to make a life decision based upon the number of hot women that live there? Hopefully wherever you go you don’t decide to procreate and pollute our already dirty gene pool.
Or how about you stay in my home state of MA? Perhaps the overall intelligence of the state might rub off on you and raise that IQ up a bit so you can tell your ass from your elbow.

[quote]DRock wrote:
Colorado Springs. Hands down.

5 reasons:

1- Incredible weather. Summer never gets above 90. Winter days are rarely even that cold.

2- Tons of outdoor sports. Fishing, hiking, skiing/snowboarding, biking, mountain climbing, hunting. Basically every outdoor sport you can think of.

3- Relatively clean, thin air. You may not think this is that good of a thing, but trust me, you will apreciate it. Plus, when you train up here at 7000ft, you feel incredible at sea level.

4- Beauty. Tree covered mountains, blue skies, and hot college chicks. Need I say more?

5- Biotest. Biotest is based here, so your orders are delivered in no time. Though ive never actually been to the building, I wonder if i can walk in and buy shit…[/quote]

Yeah I live in Whales Vagina, but would much rather live in the Springs, I absolutely love it there. Just the thought of going for a jog with the dogs around Garden of the Gods whenever I feel like it gives me a chubby.

You’re right about the thin air dude, there’s a reason why USA Olympic teams train there.

The Springs Rock.

Also, I had a really fucking good time in Edgewood MD, right outside of B-more. The people were cool, good scenery, and bitchin food.

[quote]elevationgain wrote:

Also, I had a really fucking good time in Edgewood MD, right outside of B-more. The people were cool, good scenery, and bitchin food.
[/quote]

Sorry man, but Edgewood ain’t B-more… I’m glad to hear you had a good time, and don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of great areas in the greater Baltimore-D.C. metro area, but this city itself is on a downward spiral with no end in sight.

[quote]vtkess02 wrote:
elevationgain wrote:

Sorry man, but Edgewood ain’t B-more… I’m glad to hear you had a good time, and don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of great areas in the greater Baltimore-D.C. metro area, but this city itself is on a downward spiral with no end in sight.

[/quote]

I blame Ray Lewis, Deon Sanders, and Rafael Palmiero…

Houston because…it’s really big…and very dirty…and we have lots fat people…and lots of wannabe thugs because of our awesome rap scene…actually, now that i think about it, houston is a concrete hell hole. But at least we have lots of good restaurants (which is why its one big pork-a-delic fat fest around here).