Arguements for Defending Meat-Eating

I’m not sure about that whole “soy increases estrogen levels in men” thing, but why take a chance? It doesn’t taste good anyway.

I think it may be true though, because on some commercial for a menopause drug it said it contains soy for relief of some symptom. So it increases estrogen levels in all humans?

Maybe someone who knows the biology behind this could chime in?

It’s really processed soy that increases estrogen in men, not actual soy bean (at least not until you’re eating it in very high amounts). I forget the article but Berardi linked to a good one about processed soy being the real enemy and not natural soy sources.

I tell anyone that argues with me about meat “causing” cancer that it’s really because most meat eaters sample for cancer rates are the same cut of the population that is obese; their meat eating comes from fast food and people with a taste for junk food rarely stock up on fruits and vegetables, whose fiber and folic acid are major cancer fighters.

Solution for meat eaters: load up on vegetables and fruits.

It’s all about ratios. Eat more meat, eat more fiber. Eat more bad cholesterol, eat more good cholesterol.

You will have MORE than enough ammo if you read “The Vegetarian Myth”.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
You will have MORE than enough ammo if you read “The Vegetarian Myth”.[/quote]

Audio book? eBook?

Pop up?

Can I show them a picture of your hot wife as an example of a healthy meat eater?

:slight_smile:

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
You will have MORE than enough ammo if you read “The Vegetarian Myth”.[/quote]

Audio book? eBook?

Pop up?

Can I show them a picture of your hot wife as an example of a healthy meat eater?

:)[/quote]

Yep!

Pop up indeed!

LOL!

I never got why people feel like they need to “win” these arguments. Whenever I deal with people who try to bait me into dumb arguments like this, I just say, “that’s cool, I just like doing ” and then move on with my day. Sometimes, you get somebody who tries to press it, and just say, “oh really? I didn’t know that.”

I consider an argument a “win” when an idiot leaves me alone. For that purpose, a blank stare works better than the most cogent research summary, because idiots don’t listen to logic and reason.

If you stop and argue with every person with silly fitness/nutrition ideas, you won’t have enough time to eat all that delicious steak.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
I never got why people feel like they need to “win” these arguments. Whenever I deal with people who try to bait me into dumb arguments like this, I just say, “that’s cool, I just like doing ” and then move on with my day.

Sometimes, you get somebody who tries to press it, and just say, “oh really? I didn’t know that.” I consider an argument a “win” when an idiot leaves me alone. For that purpose, a blank stare works better than the most cogent research summary, because idiots don’t listen to logic and reason.

If you stop and argue with every person with silly fitness/nutrition ideas, you won’t have enough time to eat all that delicious steak.[/quote]

Good point, that is the best thing to do in most cases. But he said the people are in his family, so he probably sees them all the time, and it sounds like they just won’t drop it.

Your advice is what I do at work. All the time, people ask me questions, and then don’t like the answer. So they say “No, that can’t be right, because blah, blah, blah”. And then stare at me. So now I say “Oh, ok” and walk away.

^that article contains any information, and logic that you need to completely destroy anyone on their vegan crusade, without even touching on nutrition.

I effing hate vegitarians with a passion, especially the ones that do it for “moral” purposes, as if it is some unforgiveable sin to eat meat. Needless to say, I don’t have any vegitarian/vegan friends, but if I did, and we ever went somewhere to eat, I’d be sure to pack down as much of as many types of meat as possible, purely out of spite.

My favorite responses to vegitarians:

1. point out how they are fatter than me
  2. tell them that you don’t get a body like mine by eating plants.
  3. congratulate them, and tell them to enjoy being fat and unhealthy for the rest of their lives.

Sometimes if I have a lot of time, and the person isn’t dumb as a box of pig shit, (which they usually are by default, if they’re vegitarian) I’ll try and explain how the body works, and why it just can’t function optimally on a purely plant based diet. I’ll only do that if I’m feeling patient, and the person isn’t completely pig headed on the matter.

We did it for 2.5 million fucking years and it is responsible for humans’ very existence. If you want to see what would happen had we not adopted the carnivore strategy, take a look at chimps. Furry fuckers with small brains and dicks, and a washing machine gut to churn all those damn leaves all day. Some people are just dying to turn shit back on themselves.

I almost thought of starting to call vegans ‘chimps’, but quickly realized that it would be way to good for them.

I am now in the process of making a “I EAT Vegetarians” T-shirt, thanks to this thread.

I know a guy with the annoying habit of ordering a meal with meat in it, then after his food arrives, he has a rush of guilt and decides not to eat the animal after all.

I have seen him do this twice: once with a steak, and once with a lamb curry (he sat there shaking his head, muttering “poor lamb” to himself. Somehow, I don’t think the lamb was comforted by his change of heart).

He doesn’t return his food, and most of it goes to waste. He still pays for the meal, so he is still supporting the cycle of supply and demand, because as far as the restaurant is concerned that piece of meat was sold: they don’t really care if its eaten as long as it is paid for.

Most people aren’t born vegetarians; for many it is an ethical choice, but they have still supported the meat trade for many years before adopting a meat-free lifestyle. Farms and slaughterhouses are not going to immediately stop rearing and killing animals that would have previously been eaten by that vegetarian.

That vegetarians previous history of eating meat will have a direct impact on how many are animals are killed, so there is a period of time when a certain number of animals are needlessly killed in anticipation of that vegetarian enjoying his usual weekly steak…except he/she no longer eats steak…

Imagine what would happen if we all became vegetarians at the same time: there would be a period of adjustment when animals are still killed before the supplier of the meat realizes that nobody actually wants it. This happens, albeit on a smaller scale, every time someone turns vegetarian. Most vegetarians never think about this, because they don’t want to consider that their lifestyle causes unnecessary death…

[quote]roybot wrote:
I know a guy with the annoying habit of ordering a meal with meat in it, then after his food arrives, he has a rush of guilt and decides not to eat the animal after all.

I have seen him do this twice: once with a steak, and once with a lamb curry (he sat there shaking his head, muttering “poor lamb” to himself. Somehow, I don’t think the lamb was comforted by his change of heart).

He doesn’t return his food, and most of it goes to waste. He still pays for the meal, so he is still supporting the cycle of supply and demand, because as far as the restaurant is concerned that piece of meat was sold: they don’t really care if its eaten as long as it is paid for.
[/quote]

You should encourage him to do this, just to eat the meat when he doesnt

CONSUME THE FEAR!!!

[quote]Majin wrote:
We did it for 2.5 million fucking years and it is responsible for humans’ very existence. If you want to see what would happen had we not adopted the carnivore strategy, take a look at chimps. Furry fuckers with small brains and dicks, and a washing machine gut to churn all those damn leaves all day. Some people are just dying to turn shit back on themselves.

I almost thought of starting to call vegans ‘chimps’, but quickly realized that it would be way to good for them.[/quote]

Fair enough, but Chimps are omnivores; they’ll hunt and eat a monkey if they can. (they do predominantly eat plants though.)

Attenborough’s little bit at the end is quite apt

[quote]Majin wrote:

I almost thought of starting to call vegans ‘chimps’, but quickly realized that it would be way to good for them.[/quote]

Monkeys are fucking awesome. If I could have a life of doing nothing but swinging around tree-tops, I’d die a happy man/chimp.

I feel bad for all those insects that die by spraying the fucking vegetable crops with insecticides.

Oh, but an insect’s life doesn’t rate in the eyes of the vegetarian.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I feel bad for all those insects that die by spraying the fucking vegetable crops with insecticides.

Oh, but an insect’s life doesn’t rate in the eyes of the vegetarian. [/quote]

Aye. When people start justifying their vegetarianism because of morality, then they’re sitting firmly in what I like to call Hypocriland.

If a vegetarian said to me that he couldn’t eat meat because

a) He doesn’t like the taste (liar)
b) He just can’t physically do it (conditioning)

I’d let him be. That’s excusable - trying to rationalise it isn’t.

eating meat reduces greenhouse gases…this is not the first time I’ve heard this but this is the first page with sources cited I could find.

http://www.foodreference.com/html/a-cows-methane-815.html

that usually gets their nipples twisted cause normally, most veggies are tree-huggers as well.

enjoy.

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

[quote]Majin wrote:

Monkeys are fucking awesome. If I could have a life of doing nothing but swinging around tree-tops, I’d die a happy man/chimp.[/quote]

Yes! Monkeys are awesome!

Sorry, nothing to add re: meat consumption, except that meat is delicious. Carry on.

[quote]Eric 2.0 wrote:
Human bodies are designed to be omnivorous. Neglecting meat or plant based foods is denying your body nutrients that it was designed to run on.

Soy is not a substitute for meat.

Both types of food are necessary. [/quote]

winner winner chicken dinner