T Nation

Argh! WTF Was That?! (Low Back 'Popped')

Despite not having pulled sumo-style in a LONG time I stupidly decided today to see what my max would be. On my final single, I felt a 'pop' in my low back. Now it didn't actually hurt, nor does it hurt now (couple of hours later) and I seem have more or less full ROM. I get a little pinch if I bend backwards into extension but otherwise it's ok.

However it does feel off, like there's something not quite right and I can't work out what it is.

I realise I can't expect a full diagnosis off the internet but has anyone experienced something like this before? Any ideas or suggestions most welcome.

Thanks all.

Without being a doctor I would say yes I've gotten these before as well, same with a popping in my chest sometimes when I go real heavy on dips. My general rule of thumb is that if it doesn't actually hurt it's probably not much to worry about, and if it feels a little off I'd rather back off for a week or two to let it heal up than keep training and make it 10x worse

Without being a doctor I would say yes I've gotten these before as well, same with a popping in my chest sometimes when I go real heavy on dips. My general rule of thumb is that if it doesn't actually hurt it's probably not much to worry about, and if it feels a little off I'd rather back off for a week or two to let it heal up than keep training and make it 10x worse

Pop on one side? Right down at the base of the spine and hip??

If so - sarcoilliac joint.

it popped down the middle but after a few days the pain is right side only. think SI joint might be the right call.

have you had any issues with yours? treatment, recovery times? etc

thanks