Argh! Knee Injury!

Damn now that my training is really paying off I make one mistake and twist my knee on the stairs. Feels like my knee ligaments are over-stretched a bit.

Shitty thing is I normally ride my bike to the gym, guess I have to take 30 minutes of walking into account to get there now lol, oh well that’s a bit of cardio at least.

So what do I do now? Just train my upper body and leave my legs alone until my knee is fit again? Or can I work around the injury in some way?
I’m hoping good night rest will clear up most of the pain but I’m pretty positive this is a serious injury.

try swimming. Thats what the doc told me to do after i had knee surgery. I was on crutches for 6 weeks. Then i got in the pool for a little workout.I was dead in about 3 minutes.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
try swimming. Thats what the doc told me to do after i had knee surgery. I was on crutches for 6 weeks. Then i got in the pool for a little workout.I was dead in about 3 minutes.[/quote]

It looks like you made a remarkable recovery.

If it was a really serious acute knee injury you probably wouldn’t be walking anywhere for a while. Can you see a doctor about it? That’s the best way to find out whether there’s any structural damage to your knee. There could be some chronic problems…

Oh, I train my upper body atm, since I am just post knee surgery. I wouldn’t personally do anything that stressed the knees until I’d got medical advice.