Area Around LAX?

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
Vehicle size here doesn’t matter. The fact that you’re on four wheels and can’t lane share is going to be the problem. I would think about riding if I were you. It makes life a whole lot easier in that area.

james[/quote]

It matters when it comes to spending money on gas.

I may consider a motorcycle in the future after i get there, but right now im not planning on it.

[quote]krillin wrote:

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]eddiealfano wrote:
The areas right around LAX fit the description you are looking for. Playa Del Rey and Marina Del Rey are particularly nice, and still close enough to the Airport. You should be able to find a one bedroom under 1400 if you are okay with not being that close to the beach.

Also, don’t rule out the part of Manhattan Beach that is more inland. Beyond that, El Segundo and Westchester offer decent neighborhoods at a good price. And you could probably look at Culver City, Mar Vista and Venice and be within a 20 minute drive of the Airport. I used to live in Venice, always loved it there, and it was a fairly easy drive to LAX.[/quote]

Good, some of the towns you listed seem to be in line with what i was finding after doing some research last night, such as Culver City and Mars Vista. Ill take another look at Manhattan beach and Redondo beach too. [/quote]

These are good suggestions and would put you pretty close without traffic being too bad (this kinda goes without saying but Culver city, Mar Vista, and Redondo have some not so good areas as well so beware of that). IMO you wouldn’t want to do long beach or anything that would require you to take the 405 N freeway in the morning and 405 South at night, the traffic can really suck, especially on Thursday and Friday nights.[/quote]

I know that in california its hard to find affordable towns to rent in that dont have some spotty areas. Thats acceptable to me. I just dont want to be living in the middle of the shittier parts.

[quote]thehebrewhero wrote:
Beverly hills adjecent or the miricle mile is a decent rent price my bro bro lived there for many yrs hes in hollywood now… If its true you have a trans GF then Hollywood or West Hollywood would very comfortable for her… Not sure if you were f’ing around about that in the other thread so if you were my bad go for BH Adjacent [/quote]

LOL yeah i was just playing along. my girlfriend isnt a ladyboy.

I did look at miracle mile a bit last night, seems like that may be a good spot. What do you mean adjacent to Beverly Hills?

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
I have only been to LA once so I’m sure this won’t help but here goes.

Whenever, I fly into someplace I usually get a hotel room within walking distance of the car rental.

I did this on the north side of LAX off of West century BLVD and though it was only a short walk it did not seem like a good area. There were actually no people on the streets and I had to walk past these empty project looking buildings.

Only time I have been creeped out doing this and I have used this method at least ten times.[/quote]

Yeah, my brother is currently stationed in Camp Pendleton and he asked a friend of his in LA. He basically said that anything immediately around the airport is shitty. So im hoping i can find something maybe 15-20 minute commute (ideal) or at least under 30 minutes each way.

Beverly hills adjecent or the miricle mile is a decent rent price my bro bro lived there for many yrs hes in hollywood now… If its true you have a trans GF then Hollywood or West Hollywood would very comfortable for her… Not sure if you were f’ing around about that in the other thread so if you were my bad go for BH Adjacent [/quote]

I did look at miracle mile a bit last night, seems like that may be a good spot. What do you mean adjacent to Beverly Hills?[/quote]

LOL haha I thought yall were 4 real like trany ex lovers…Beverly Hills adjacent is the name of the neighborhood… Its around Pico I think

I did look at miracle mile a bit last night, seems like that may be a good spot. What do you mean adjacent to Beverly Hills?[/quote]

LOL haha I thought yall were 4 real like trany ex lovers…Beverly Hills adjacent is the name of the neighborhood… Its around Pico I think
[/quote]

Ill check it out, thanks.

Update: i accepted a different job offer today that will keep me in Chicago. Thanks anyway for the advice all.

Look at Playa Vista, basically Lincoln blvd above the airport. Near Westchester. A ton of apartments and condo’s were built there and then market collapsed. Supposed to be good rentals, my brother in law worked at LAX and rented there for a few months.

[quote]comus3 wrote:
Look at Playa Vista, basically Lincoln blvd above the airport. Near Westchester. A ton of apartments and condo’s were built there and then market collapsed. Supposed to be good rentals, my brother in law worked at LAX and rented there for a few months.[/quote]

Thanks bro, but see my last post :wink:

Traffic in and around LAX is a nightmare! Anywhere within 10-15 miles around LAX will be bad neighbor hoods. I lived in Venice for 4 years and loved everything about it but the homeless people. You can find a place a few blocks from the beach for your price range.

Audiogarden1, I strongly urge you to reconsider Long Beach. It’s a much better choice than Manhattan Beach or Santa Monica. Whatever you do though, don’t be a dumb shit like some people around here.

Update: i accepted a different job offer today that will keep me in Chicago. Thanks anyway for the advice all. [/quote]

Quoting myself because apparently no one saw this post lol. See above.

Sorry guys, he chose to stay in the best city in the US.

Update: i accepted a different job offer today that will keep me in Chicago. Thanks anyway for the advice all. [/quote]

Quoting myself because apparently no one saw this post lol. See above.[/quote]

Long Beach is really your best choice.

[quote]on edge wrote:

Long Beach is really your best choice.[/quote]

Well im not a big fan of the actual city of Chicago, though i like the surrounding areas, so you’re probably correct. Maybe someday.

[quote]on edge wrote:

Well im not a big fan of the actual city of Chicago, though i like the surrounding areas, so you’re probably correct. Maybe someday.[/quote]

Gee whiz, can’t you tell I’m really just trying to make fun of those guys who didn’t notice your not moving?
(I did the same thing in your other thread)

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

Well im not a big fan of the actual city of Chicago, though i like the surrounding areas, so you’re probably correct. Maybe someday.[/quote]

Gee whiz, can’t you tell I’m really just trying to make fun of those guys who didn’t notice your not moving?
(I did the same thing in your other thread)[/quote]

Thought you were just really fond of Long Beach lol

[quote]comus3 wrote:
Look at Playa Vista, basically Lincoln blvd above the airport. Near Westchester. A ton of apartments and condo’s were built there and then market collapsed. Supposed to be good rentals, my brother in law worked at LAX and rented there for a few months.[/quote]

Thanks bro, but see my last post ;)[/quote]

Yeah, sure you’ll be living in Chicago but the airport is like right there and you can commute!!! haha

[quote]comus3 wrote:

[quote]comus3 wrote:

Thanks bro, but see my last post ;)[/quote]

Yeah, sure you’ll be living in Chicago but the airport is like right there and you can commute!!! haha
[/quote]

My commutes already too long, last thing it needs is an extra 4 hours of flight time lol

Anyone here familiar with the neighborhoods around LAX? Today i was basically offered a job out in LA by one of the engineers at my work. I would mainly be working at LAX and occasionally at HNL airport (Honolulu) so i would be living in LA.

I am not familiar with Los Angeles at all, but i would need to be out there in about 3-4 weeks from now, max. Can someone who is familiar with the area give me some tips on good neighborhoods to look for apartments in?

Im looking for a neighborhood that is A) fairly nice/low crime rate. B) not ridiculously expensive, so no Manhattan beach or Beverly Hills obviously and C) preferably within a 20 minute commute to the airport.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can provide advice. [/quote]