Are Your Mirror Muscles Lacking?

All MOUTH, won’t fit in pic.

Geez, this sounds like a common phenomenon. Same thing here, too. Prof X, you just may be right.

Though these people who hate bodybuilding all have good physiques(CW, NG). So I think some of us figured we could attain those physiques by following their methods.

[quote]nobodyreal wrote:
Geez, this sounds like a common phenomenon. Same thing here, too. Prof X, you just may be right.

Though these people who hate bodybuilding all have good physiques(CW, NG). So I think some of us figured we could attain those physiques by following their methods.[/quote]

For one, Nate green doesn’t hate bodybuilding. Nate can also bench 365lbs, squat 400+ and deadlift 500+, which is why he has a good physique (or anyone else for that matter).

And I certainly didn’t follow their methods aiming for their physique, I don’t even follow their methods at all. I do 5/3/1 basing my movements around squat/bench/dead/m.press aiming to increase my STRENGTH on them.

Now once I can bench 350+ and m.press 200+ I’m sure my chest/shoulders won’t be ‘lagging’ anymore.

I’m pretty sure the reason why peoples legs/back are ahead of their chest/shoulders is due to those muscles being bigger. Therefore they are easier to activate and get stronger on movements that use them.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
nobodyreal wrote:

Though these people who hate bodybuilding all have good physiques(CW, NG). So I think some of us figured we could attain those physiques by following their methods.

For one, Nate green doesn’t hate bodybuilding. Nate can also bench 365lbs, squat 400+ and deadlift 500+, which is why he has a good physique (or anyone else for that matter).

And I certainly didn’t follow their methods aiming for their physique, I don’t even follow their methods at all. I do 5/3/1 basing my movements around squat/bench/dead/m.press aiming to increase my STRENGTH on them.

Now once I can bench 350+ and m.press 200+ I’m sure my chest/shoulders won’t be ‘lagging’ anymore.

I’m pretty sure the reason why peoples legs/back are ahead of their chest/shoulders is due to those muscles being bigger. Therefore they are easier to activate and get stronger on movements that use them.[/quote]

No, it’s mostly because you guys are approaching training in a way that makes little sense unless you WANT lagging muscle groups.

Bodybuilding is about balance which means from the start you are at least keeping some eye on HOW you are gaining.

For some strange reason it is like you all are saving catch up for later. I mean, how the hell would keeping things in balance keep you from benching 350lbs? If anything it should HELP.

[quote]frederickson wrote:
i can see the potential for the issue the OP has been having, but i have experienced quite the opposite… my arms and chest have improved since i stopped training like your typical bodybuilding pussy. and my joints feel much better due to decreased number of sets. other people may respond differently to a compound-dominant program, but my body could not handle a bodybuilding regimen much longer, not to mention the amount of time it required.

my emphasis on pull-ups has improved my biceps, weighted dips have improved my triceps, and deadlifting/static holds/farmer’s walks have improved my forearms. i still do a little accessory work after i do the compound movements, which i suppose could be helping.[/quote]

are you even jacked?

[quote]Fishsticks wrote:
Yeah, definitely.

My back and legs are by far my strongest point. Arms and chests lagging. Shoulders are alright thought.

I had the “You don’t have to work arms directly” plague for most of my period training.[/quote]

As you do, i have never train with some fancy moves, sometimes I do some barbell biceps curl and maybe close grips bench press, but you can use some compounds movements for yours arms, as an example close grips pull ups, close grips bench press, …

When I work my back I change pullups for close grip pull ups or parallel grip pull ups (with 25 kgs added to my bodyweight); anyway I dont do much direct triceps work (working with a lot of overhead presses…) and I dont like pecs like breast.

So, I train my chest with inclines (5x5, 5x10) and bench presses (3x3). BTW I have never call a BB a pussy, they like some kind of body, so whats the point of calling them PUSSY? If they like train in some way, is their option.

I dont like a bb physique but i dont call them pussy, i call stupid some who train like a bb when he have a atletic goal, or when train like a pro bodybuilder and is just starting in weight training… thats my point of view

[quote]bwhitwell wrote:
frederickson wrote:
i can see the potential for the issue the OP has been having, but i have experienced quite the opposite… my arms and chest have improved since i stopped training like your typical bodybuilding pussy. and my joints feel much better due to decreased number of sets. other people may respond differently to a compound-dominant program, but my body could not handle a bodybuilding regimen much longer, not to mention the amount of time it required.

my emphasis on pull-ups has improved my biceps, weighted dips have improved my triceps, and deadlifting/static holds/farmer’s walks have improved my forearms. i still do a little accessory work after i do the compound movements, which i suppose could be helping.

This a BB forum so I am assuming you are a non-competive or soon to be competive BB who would assess your progress with pictures. I think it would be of great value to all T memebers if you could post a recent pic of your progress.
Thanks in advance

[/quote]

Prof X and many others have been asking people to post up pics of their “amazing physiques” when they claim retarded BS like this…its never gunna happen.

I also agree with waylander on the irony. lol

maybe the pussy accusation was too strong, but how is my post retarded? because the training style is different than yours - and very close to many of those that write here, btw. i also don’t understand the logic in some of these responses. if i think your “typical bodybuilder” is a pussy, and thus don’t train like one, why would i need to show pics of myself as being a competition-ready bodybuilder? btw, i never claimed all bodybuilders are pussies, the pros are generally strong as hell and many were athletes prior to beginning the lifestyle. tons of respect there. my problem is with your typical wannabe training in a bodybuilding style with tons of isolation movements and strutting around like he’s the shit with straight popcorn muscles.

my point wasn’t to call out all bodybuilders, but rather to let the op know that i can see the potential for the problem he had mentioned, but to let him know the opposite had occurred in my case. getting away from isolation movements and back to a compound-dominant program was beneficial to my body composition. i was/am an athlete, and that is how i trained save for a couple years after college when i decided to incorporate a lot more isolation movements in a bodybuilding style. these were by far the least productive years of my training career in terms of muscle gains and resulted in some injuries. if you think that’s retarded, fine.

[quote]frederickson wrote:
maybe the pussy accusation was too strong, but how is my post retarded? because the training style is different than yours - and very close to many of those that write here, btw. i also don’t understand the logic in some of these responses. if i think your “typical bodybuilder” is a pussy, and thus don’t train like one, why would i need to show pics of myself as being a competition-ready bodybuilder? btw, i never claimed all bodybuilders are pussies, the pros are generally strong as hell and many were athletes prior to beginning the lifestyle. tons of respect there. my problem is with your typical wannabe training in a bodybuilding style with tons of isolation movements and strutting around like he’s the shit with straight popcorn muscles.

my point wasn’t to call out all bodybuilders, but rather to let the op know that i can see the potential for the problem he had mentioned, but to let him know the opposite had occurred in my case. getting away from isolation movements and back to a compound-dominant program was beneficial to my body composition. i was/am an athlete, and that is how i trained save for a couple years after college when i decided to incorporate a lot more isolation movements in a bodybuilding style. these were by far the least productive years of my training career in terms of muscle gains and resulted in some injuries. if you think that’s retarded, fine. [/quote]

You’re a true idiot.

No one, not anywhere, not in one single fucking place, is telling people to ONLY do little isolation movements. The more you write, the dumber you look.

You show me one person with any real size and thickness to them who is only doing what you are writing here. There aren’t even that many damned isolation movements in themselves for someone to make an entire routine avoiding all compound movements.

Your argument is the same dumb one some of these personal trainers use in order to get clueless newbs like you to buy their programs. They know your head is firmly up your ass so it is an easy sale.

[quote]Murasame wrote:

I dont like a bb physique [/quote]

That begs the question: Why post on a BB forum then?

That is like going to a Wu-Tang forum talking about how Rap music sucks, and Brooklyn is a shit hole that should be nuked off the face of the planet. But Methodman isn’t a pussy yo.

My arms are lacking because i didn’t train them, my calfs arent furfilling their potential because i didn’t train them… i’m training them now though, yey.

I have no idea why someone would neglect a particular muscle group and/or not train certain muscles as hard as others. It’s fucking mind-boggling.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Well, that is what you get for listening to personal trainers who literally HATE bodybuilding.

It isn’t like we didn’t tell you.[/quote]

IMO, most of the articles on this site are wack. Most are just the latest trends, if they wrote about the same kind of workout everyday, would you read the site? Then if you didnt read the site would you buy Biotest products? I have gotten routines from Tnation and gotten lackluster results, annd yes I was lifting heavy and eating a shitload. I saw a Professor X thread several months ago about how full body splits are bullshit, which got me thinking. After i thought about it, I was doing a full body split and getting pretty shitty results. i thought back to my first year of lifting I gained 50lbs with very little bodyfat gain, around 4%. i thought back to the 4 day split I was doing and the way i was training then when I was growing hard and was wondering why the hell i changed my workout. I am back on the 4 day split for a few months now, I am up 10 lbs with the same bf % in approx 4 months. So thanks PX for knocking some sense into me and dont read too much into the latest trends.

Mirror muscles? I never knew there was such a thing