Are You in the Best Shape of Your Life?

Simple question. Are you in the best shape of your life?

At 43, the answer for me is yes, but I’m not done yet.

That’s why I started BB earlier this year. Turning 25 August 12th and wanted to be in the best shape of my life and I’m already there.

I think so. I’m not as lean as when in my youth (not trying to be at this point). At 46, I’m bigger and thicker, yet not as strong as in my 20s, but I’m a smarter lifter now.
I’m shooting for looking awesome by the time I’m 50 and beyond.

I am shooting for a similar goal as Iron Dwarf. I am 38 now, and only 2 months into any serious and focused weight training.

20 years ago, when I was in the Army, I am sure I had much better cardio vascular conditioning and was stronger due to the daily regimen. My recovery capacity was also greatly aided by youth.

So, technically the answer is no. I am not currently in the best shape of my life.

But I am committed to changing that, after living a practically sedentary lifestyle for 2 decades.

Yes I am. Before I started lifting, I was a lean skinny bastard. But now I am bigger, faster and stronger. I’m sure everyone on this board’s answer is yes, because we all love lifting and or getting back in shape, right?

Not necessarily, there’s a difference between wanting to get back in shape and actually achieving the point of being in the best shape of your life. Hopefully 10 years from now I can still say “Yes”, 20 years might be stretching it :wink:

It depends what “the best shape of your life” entails.

At age 13/14, I would do football conditioning camp for 3 hours each in the AM and PM, while riding my bike to and from, and during the middle of the day play sports or mess around with friends. This all during 100-110 degree heat of the summer. There’s about zero chance I could do that now, yet of course I’m a lot stronger and faster now.

Nope, best shape of my life was in high school, sports 24x7, constantly doing something but I’m not looking to compete in anything, I just want to feel good and get as big as I can before it’s to late.

muscle wise, this is the best shape I have ever been on. But for overall conditioning and agility and all that good stuff I was much better in high school from 4 years of football and wrestling

34 and yes. But I had a VERY low threshold to surpass over my life. Was even a slug in high school.

depends, I ran sub 15 3 mile in my 20’s. Now I’m 41 and I’m the strongest I’ve ever been. So I’ve more converted than peaked.

34 and yes as well, my cardio isn’t as good as it was back in my basketball days and my hawt abz are not as chiseled as they were when i was a skinny bird, but i’ve gained 60lbs and am the strongest and biggest i’ve ever been. i’ll keep adding size thru this next fall and winter and then lean down after i pass 220lbs. only 8-10 more lbs but as you grow it seems each “next level” takes more and more work.

Yes although i’m only 21 atm. I used to be thin as a twig, not i look pretty decent/normal I would say. Still a long ways to go. It’s only gonna keep getting better :).

Yes and no.

Have I been stronger before? Yes. Have I been leaner? Yes.

Although, I am the strongest I’ve ever been at 186lbs and under 8 bf.

im the biggest and strongest i have ever been, but im not in the best shape of my life and im only 22.

I will never be able to figure if I am in the best shape of my life until I become an old man, unable to even pick up a dumbbell, and ponder this very same thought. After all, this is a lifelong dedication, and no matter where I am in my life, I will always be striving for improvement. Anyways, just my two cents.

Yes, but when you compare how I am now at 175 lbs and 12% BF to the age of 10-16 when I was 220 pounds and whatever BF, it’s saying something but not a lot. I still have a long ways to go.

I am more muscular, leaner, stronger, and better conditioned now than I have been since probably 10th grade. In 10th grade, I might have been a bit leaner, but that is all. I maybe could run longer in 10th grade, but I’m not too sure of that.

More importantly, I know where I want to go and how to get there, which I never have really known until recently, and it is only a matter of time before I get there.

Biggest and strongest, yes
Leanest and most agile, No

No way! I am, however, the biggest and strongest I’ve ever been; it’s a pretty cool feeling, too. Hell, I think it’s better than having hawt abzzzzzz.