Are You Fast or Slow?

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
Hanley wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:
JayPierce wrote:
Reading these threads makes me think you don’t lift much at all. Or at least you don’t lift with any kind of purpose. You can’t tell the difference between an absolute 1RM and a submaximal lift?

Some people can bench press 315 pounds within 2 seconds, and yet, they can’t even budge 320… It really varies from lifter to lifter. I understand that there max attempts are naturally slow, but people are different. Why do you think Simmons popularized the “dynamic effort method”?

And as I said before, some guys lift their first rep in their one rep maxes like it’s a max attempt, while others lift their one rep maxes as if they were doing their DE workout. Check out Kennelly’s bench: bench monster ryan kennelly lifts 1050 - YouTube

It took him less than one second to skyrocket that thing up and yet, he failed at his 1100 pound bench press attempt. It takes me two seconds to finish a lift with my 5RM front squat, he on the other hand takes him 1 second to lift his absolute max with the bench press. He is a “hit or miss” type of guy while Rychlak on the other hand (bench monster ryan kennelly lifts 1050 - YouTube) can grind out more than Kennelly.

It really has alot to do with the “neural drive” that would take a long paragraph for me to explain to you guys.

The reason they’re hit or miss pretty much solely depends on how/if they hit the groove in their shirt. But you’re a moron so I wouldn’t expect you to know that.

I’m not just referring to the bench press. I’m talking about almost ANY lift.

Oh please.

Why is Pirros Dimas such a troll, oh why. :frowning:

Your analogies are not analogous.

1.Front squats are not deadlifts.

2.Deadlifts are not bench presses.

1. Highschool lifters in the weightroom during gymclass are not world class top ranked powerlifters.

Stop comparing apples to jellyfish to truck tires.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
you’re slow

and weak[/quote]

i was just gonna say…

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Stop comparing apples to jellyfish to truck tires.
[/quote]

I lol’d.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:

I’m not just referring to the bench press. I’m talking about almost ANY lift.

[/quote]

Oh Sweet Jesus, Tybe2b… you’ve just once again shown how little you know about Olympic lifting. The reason Chigishev was so slow to recover from that amazingly FAST snatch (yes, he was snatching 211 KGS!) was because the bar was slightly out of position and he had to fight it with every ounce of his being to keep it from falling forward, not because he couldn’t stand up with it fast if it wasn’t in position!

Look at his speed as he explodes at the top of his pull. Come on. Don’t be -this- dumb.

Lets just turn this into a Chigishev appreciation thread. He’s DEFINITELY my favourite oly lift. Thick as hell and pretty lean for a super. Seems like a really good guy too, like he enjoys his lifting.

I remember his reaction after Steiner got his 3rd clean and jerk last year in China - just a shrug of the shoulders, as if to say “oh well” (Steiner’s lift and ensuing celebration, combined with the back story is probably my favourite sporting moment ever incidentally).

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Steiner’s lift and ensuing celebration, combined with the back story is probably my favourite sporting moment ever incidentally.[/quote]

I hadn’t seen that Steiner lift before and just watched the video clip. Awesome.

[quote]giterdone wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Steiner’s lift and ensuing celebration, combined with the back story is probably my favourite sporting moment ever incidentally.

I hadn’t seen that Steiner lift before and just watched the video clip. Awesome.[/quote]

Have ya heard the back story?

It was a pretty amazing story. Did you know Chigishev was once stabbed in a bar fight? Even if you had a knife, why would you pick a fight with him?

[quote]Dr. Manhattan wrote:
It was a pretty amazing story. Did you know Chigishev was once stabbed in a bar fight? Even if you had a knife, why would you pick a fight with him?[/quote]

I vaguely remember something about that… if you did pick a fight with him you’d wanna kill him!!! I can’t believe a knife made it thru his suit of armour tbh.

fuck my life