Are You Cutting for Summer?

I am! As a FFB, I plan on this being the first summer of my life that I’m proud to take my shirt off and I know I can’t be the only one. As far as my approach, I’m going to start carb cycling and upping the cardio next week.

I’m thinking about alternating the amount/type of cardio I do each day, depending on my carb intake. For example

High Carb Day - 45min Fasted Low Intensity / 20 min HIIT Post Workout
Medium Carb Day - 20min Fasted Low Intensity / 20min Post Workout Low Intensity
Low Cabr Day - 20min Fasted Low Intensity

That’s my plan. What’s yours?

I am, but summer coming is just a happy coincidence. I want to get my fat down to less than 15 lbs, so that I hopefully handle carbs better. This should help me do a nice, long lean bulk.

Doing <100 g carb, >200g protein diet. Very low calorie (1500/day), but I’ve found if I keep the volume low and the weight high, I don’t lose muscle on this kind of diet (actually gain a little, actually).

Yep. Stupid fat. Just fuck off already.

Why fasted cardio? Seems like a recipie for muscle loss…

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
I am, but summer coming is just a happy coincidence. I want to get my fat down to less than 15 lbs, so that I hopefully handle carbs better. This should help me do a nice, long lean bulk.

Doing <100 g carb, >200g protein diet. Very low calorie (1500/day), but I’ve found if I keep the volume low and the weight high, I don’t lose muscle on this kind of diet (actually gain a little, actually).[/quote]

Good luck! I don’t think I could function on 1500cals a day let alone lift and be productive.

I’m going to lean out a little bit and increase my work load by adding extra workouts.

Cutting calories is for girls.

No.

[quote]Dubbz wrote:
Why fasted cardio? Seems like a recipie for muscle loss…[/quote]

Don’t believe the hype.

[quote]Dubbz wrote:
Why fasted cardio? Seems like a recipie for muscle loss…[/quote]

BAH! What did I say about starting a debate over fasted vs unfasted?

No, taking a brisk walk on waking and waiting an extra 30 minutes before getting my morning shake is not going to lead to muscle loss. Running probably would, but a brisk walk? Nope.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
Good luck! I don’t think I could function on 1500cals a day let alone lift and be productive. [/quote]

I hear ya!

It’s very, very difficult not to vomit during/after a workout at this point. But seriously, I’ve found strength gains and slight LBM increases (around .25 lbs per week average), so long as I keep the volume sufficiently low, and the intensity sufficiently high.

I’ll report back and let you guys know if it totally f’s up (or works awesome).

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
I’m going to lean out a little bit and increase my work load by adding extra workouts.

Cutting calories is for girls. [/quote]

yeah fuck that, ultra low carb is for girly men who like to walk around depleted and tired and weak for months at a time to impress their gay friends

just joking but I agree w/you and don’t like going too low-carb or low calorie =)

here’s my diet yday:

meal 1: eat some meat and shit
meals 2-8: repeat

lift big weights and run around

that oughta do it imo, progress updates to come

hi

I had planned on it, but I’m liking my progress this far and don’t want to mess it up.
I’m keeping it up till I know I’m at a point where cutting would be worth while

Started cutting last week for a trip to Las Vegas in early June and will be spending lots of time at the pool. Had been mimicking CrewPierce’s Mass Program along with eating program (minus the cheat day and strongman components) to try and add some mass and break through some plateaus. I figure I was taking in roughly 3500-3800 cal/day and I added about 7 lbs in 2 months.

At the start:

Height: 5’11"
Weight: 193 lbs

New program:
2200 - 2600 (lifting days) cal. ~100g Carbs, ~225g Protein, ~80g Fat.

Program:
All lifting is 8-12 rep range for maintenance, all cardio is interval alternating jog/sprints, eliptical & bike depending on leg soreness from previous days.

M - Chest/Tris + 30 min cardio
T - Deadlift/Legs
W - Cardio + Abs
Th - Back & Bis + 30 Min cardio
Fri - Cardio + Abs
Sat - Legs & Shoulders
Su - Rest

Supplements:
Hydrolyzed Whey Protein
HOT-ROX Extreme (4 caps daily)
Fish Oil ~ 10g
Creatine Mono - 10g daily
BCAAs

Has been going well for the first 10 days, but the lack of carbs have been killing my energy levels.

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
BAH! What did I say about starting a debate over fasted vs unfasted?[/quote]

Nothing actually.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:
BAH! What did I say about starting a debate over fasted vs unfasted?

Nothing actually.[/quote]

oh. hah well I had meant to! :slight_smile:

Different genetics effect people’s diets differently, so one diet with high carbs may work for some, but need to be low carbs to work for others, especially with cutting/fat loss.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

LOL! Naw I’m carb cycling and doing 25min of cardio at 65% every fucking day after weights.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

That’s perfect.

Never eat below maintenance + don’t be lazy = efficient progress.

I understand your point, but keep in mind - What works for one person doesn’t work for another. Not until I really cut down on my carbs did I start to get leaner. I just figured out what works for me, YMMV.