Are You a Natural Athlete or a Convert?

[quote]DaveyD wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:
i was a huge doushe in highschool and had problems tieing my shoe and wiping my ass. i also weighed about 155lbs, as well as had a lvl 62 paladin with a three socketed sword with a perfect ruby, diamond, and skull.

thank god i was sent to a private military school, lol.

Sounds like you were a pretty big noob, no breath of the dying?
[/quote]

Try on a pair of eth BOTD Zerkers and a 3k Stone for size :wink:

I ran track in HS and swam. Somewhere during my Junior year I made a huge mistake and decided I wanted to be an “endurance athlete.” In other words, I switched from sprinting during the track season to running long distance, starting racing in triathlons, and dropped down to an emaciated 150 lbs at 5-10. Ick. I wasn’t even good at endurance sports, and think I wasted alot of potential my last two years of HS.

Part of me wishes I could go back and redo those last two track seasons, but oh well. I have the weights now.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
i was a huge doushe in highschool and had problems tieing my shoe and wiping my ass. i also weighed about 155lbs, as well as had a lvl 62 paladin with a three socketed sword with a perfect ruby, diamond, and skull.[/quote]

Hahaha only a level 62, that shows you won’t to nerdy. Diablo 2 fucked my social life up for like a whole year when i was 15.

the only sport i did as a kid was soccer… and i was the kid waving to my parents (aka defense). at seventeen i tried boxing and was able to accel. i quit because i liked my brain. about a week ago my buddies and i played some football and that is the most damn fun sport ever. i now know that if you give me a route ill catch the ball every time. its a total rush. ill be 20 in less than a month so i guess im a pretty late bloomer.

I was born an athlete. Alot of my family grew up having athletic success, so I think that influenced me alot. I started playing soccer in Italy when I was young, and then continued once I got here to the US. Then I got introduced to football and lifting weights. I also started to fill out more like a football player than a soccer player and kept with it. I am so grateful that my road led me to where I am now, I do think that some people who get started young might have a bit of advantage. But in the long run work ethic trumps alot.

I played WoW.

i was a huge doushe in highschool and had problems tieing my shoe and wiping my ass. i also weighed about 155lbs, as well as had a lvl 62 paladin with a three socketed sword with a perfect ruby, diamond, and skull.

thank god i was sent to a private military school, lol.[/quote]

I got ya beat, I weighed 140 in H.S. (when I graduated!!) and played pencil and paper AD&D (2nd edition). We didn’t have them fancy computer games yet…

Never played any team sports. Golfed in H.S., started bowling in college. Started lifting my senior year of college.

Only regret was not being super serious about lifting in college and trying to play catchup now as a 30 year who realized that my head was in my ass…I have since seen the light!

soccer since i could run
football since i was 10
hockey since i was 11
lifting since i was 15

I guess you could say I’ve always been into sports?

thank god i was sent to a private military school, lol.[/quote]

Diablo 2 was an awesome game though wasnt it?

Yes and no, for me. I’ve always played sports, but I didn’t develop enough athleticism to be anything better than average until I was in my 20’s.

I played football in HS, and had pretty good size and strength. But I was also too fat and didn’t have enough quickness and agility to be more than an average player.

In the years after HS, I grew into my body, and my BF% decreased significantly while my overall weight stayed the same. I eventually developed a decent level of quickness and agility while keeping the size and strength.

I never did develop any top-end speed or leaping ability, but who needs those anyway…

In High School I was I sprinter (not shure of the translation: I competed in 100 and 200 meters run…), gave up during university, then approaching the 30’s I felt I needed to get back in good shape. Running was no more an option (level 1 Baker’s kyst on right knee), so I started lifting.

Now I only regret not having started as a teenager!

Natural athlete, and a pretty good one. Both of my parents were successful in their athletic endeavors.

[quote]Artem wrote:
I played WoW.[/quote]

I still play WoW…

I have always been muscular but small while in high school,I graduated at 135 lbs. I met some BB in college and started to train and gained 50 lbs in 4 years of college.

im shit a most sports and have no talent all i have is from loads of hard training and its still shit

[quote]shit hole wrote:
im shit a most sports and have no talent all i have is from loads of hard training and its still shit[/quote]

lol, keep up the good work shit hole…

[quote]Muscles297 wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:

[/quote]

Ye, can’t wait for 3 to come out

[quote]Undermost wrote:
Muscles297 wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:

Ye, can’t wait for 3 to come out[/quote]

I played diablo 1 alot more…

Played football (soccer), swum a lot, capatained an adults badminton team in my teens. Not a natural athlete (I don’t believe), I got good by working harder and being more focussed than most.

Did some jiu jitsu and judo untill I was 15 years old. Then puberty really hit and played a lot of computer games. After high school I worked for a year and then started with computer science, what a reality check. I dropped out started lifting some weights. The virus hit me really a few years later.

When I was younger I was pretty active and athletical. (Fastest sprinter at gym and played alot of badminton.

But then… one day… World of Warcraft came along. I lost everything.

Luckily I’ve gotten rid of that game now. I don’t do anything besides training in the gym now, but I’m planning on starting at muay thai. Cause that’s one kickass sport!