Are you a Loser or Gainer?

Holy Macaroni! You routinely take steroids, GH, insulin and so on, don’t you?

[quote]ddinante wrote:
Holy Macaroni! You routinely take steroids, GH, insulin and so on, don’t you?[/quote]

I hope you’re joking.

Is it just me or did Chris throw CT’s name into his article in the hopes to give it some sort of validity?

I still stand by my claim that for every failed bulk with fat you have 5 failed bulks that now label themselves as hardgainers.

Again I’m nothing special, I did utilize some of Chris’ wisdom early on when I dropped down 30 pounds, of course I don’t mind being at 255-260 and 16-18%. Where as I hated being at 290 and 28% so I can give him credit with helping me in my change.

I realize at 6’5" I’ve got to carry that extra weight in hopes to get anywhere.

He does know how to show people how to lose weight, I just feel that he likes to speak above his paygrade most times. Add in the fact that he picks fights with guys that have walked the walk isn’t really the mentality someone associated with the site should have. At least IMO.

Lose…

[quote]Aggro wrote:
Is it just me or did Chris throw CT’s name into his article in the hopes to give it some sort of validity?

I still stand by my claim that for every failed bulk with fat you have 5 failed bulks that now label themselves as hardgainers.

Again I’m nothing special, I did utilize some of Chris’ wisdom early on when I dropped down 30 pounds, of course I don’t mind being at 255-260 and 16-18%. Where as I hated being at 290 and 28% so I can give him credit with helping me in my change.

I realize at 6’5" I’ve got to carry that extra weight in hopes to get anywhere.

He does know how to show people how to lose weight, I just feel that he likes to speak above his paygrade most times. Add in the fact that he picks fights with guys that have walked the walk isn’t really the mentality someone associated with the site should have. At least IMO.

[/quote]

He picks fights behind a computer screen through the legal safety net of his current job. I seriously doubt the same attitude would be present if he was facing many of the people he tries to slam.

You know… you have to give this site some credit. I stopped comming here a few years ago when it seemed a lot of posts weren’t getting through. It was soo overly sensored that i couldn’t trust the site. i felt like any negative coments about any supplements never saw the light of day.

I am amazed that you guys can rag on Chris so much now. When did that change?

I was litteraly done with the site. I’m glad i eventually came back.

[quote]DJS wrote:
You know… you have to give this site some credit. I stopped comming here a few years ago when it seemed a lot of posts weren’t getting through. It was soo overly sensored that i couldn’t trust the site. i felt like any negative coments about any supplements never saw the light of day.

I was litteraly done with the site. I’m glad i eventually came back. [/quote]

It changed a little after the T-Cell was created.

I avoid reading his articles for the most part unless someone pms me and asks me to check it out. I see him doing more damage than good unless the target of his articles are specifically “skinny-fat or obese lifters who are relative newbies and simply want to tone”.

Anyone else more serious could simply hold themselves back following his approach.

He would be death to someone who is some type of strict mesomorph with great potential.

Brandon Curry would be FUCKED if Chris was his mentor.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
DJS wrote:

I was litteraly done with the site. I’m glad i eventually came back.

It changed a little after the T-Cell was created.

I avoid reading his articles for the most part unless someone pms me and asks me to check it out. I see him doing more damage than good unless the target of his articles are specifically “skinny-fat or obese lifters who are relative newbies and simply want to tone”.

Anyone else more serious could simply hold themselves back following his approach.

He would be death to someone who is some type of strict mesomorph with great potential.

Brandon Curry would be FUCKED if Chris was his mentor. [/quote]

If you see a cheeseburger, eat the motherfucker.
-Professor X, ca. 2005

I think T-Nation should still get a pat on the back. While i am at times surprised at the small number of “big” guys on here, nonetheless there is all the information here for someone to make serious changes to their body, they just have to apply it. if anything, i wouldn’t have made the progress i have w/o T-Nation.

haha, that picture was of me the summer b4 my senior year of highschool, still a few years before i started poking my head in a gym.

Gainer!

I lost about 16 lbs on a Velocity Diet inspired… Diet! (The same stuff just not Biotest products.) Got down to 7% bodyfat and all was well.

But now it’s time to go for some actual mass as I’d like to see what I would look like by adding 22 lbs by training hard and eating clean and big.
Heck! Let’s make it 33 lbs!

Maybe there aren’t many huge guys on here but the few that are outspoken knocked me to my senses about food and gym time. Been nothing but gains ever since. This site is much better than the other one I used to frequent.

When I first started it was about weight loss I was 220lbs of fat. I lost down to 165lbs. Somewhere along the way I fell in love with the iron! I am 202lbs today and am not putting any limit from here on out.

So really I was a loss-gain.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
I think T-Nation should still get a pat on the back. While i am at times surprised at the small number of “big” guys on here, nonetheless there is all the information here for someone to make serious changes to their body, they just have to apply it.

if anything, i wouldn’t have made the progress i have w/o T-Nation.

haha, that picture was of me the summer b4 my senior year of highschool, still a few years before i started poking my head in a gym.[/quote]

You should post more, man. Newbies might be more likely to listen to someone at your stage of training.

Keep on doing what you have been.

[quote]ddinante wrote:
Holy Macaroni! You routinely take steroids, GH, insulin and so on, don’t you?[/quote]

leave this site

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
ddinante wrote:

leave this site[/quote]

Joke, dummy.

[quote]ddinante wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
ddinante wrote:

leave this site

Joke, dummy.[/quote]

gotcha =)

Good responses; I was quite interested in those of you who hung around a weight which wasn’t super-skinny or super-fat. I guess for me, the conclusion has always been quite simple → If you start off at 130lb, then the decision (gain) is already made up for you!

I almost envy my own position, since I have everything to gain (pun intended), lots to prove, and the pleasure of watching myself grow (not in the perverted sense, you sick bastards).

Although I do sometimes wish I was a natural 170lb so that I could decide on how to play it from there without having to sacrifice other sporting activities to allow myself the caloric advantage to grow …

Lol,

I’ve been experimenting with grass in my protein shake. heard the chlorophyil (sp?) helps with protein synthesis.

I’ve also been trying a few scoops of whey powder in my daily hot bath. something about osmosis and having the proein absorbed dermaly?

…to get back on track, i would say without a doubt there are WAAAAY more people that come here looking to pack on a few lbs of muscle than to lose weight.

Loser and hard gainer. I was a originally a overweight kid. I got down to 187lbs of pure scrawnyness (sp). I’m currently hovering at 246-250 at 12-15%. Gaining has been hard because my body only has a “get fat” blue print and refuses an alternative.

Through constant abuse, I’ve managed to put on a considerable amount of mass on my tall-ass frame. I figure my current weight at the very least should be my contest weight someday so I’ve got alot of work ahead of me. I really wish I was 5’8.

i suck because i keep getting injured

Right now, I am a gainer. I started lifting at age 12-13 and was a gainer simply due to growing. Lifted through high school with that mindset and got up to about 220 my senior year. Then College hit, and I became a lazy 250lb fatass in the first year of it.

I started seriously lifting again and lost some fat, got down to about 230-235 and gained some strength. A year ago, I fell into the “cutting and get lean” crowd.

Was somewhat successfull, as my avatar is me a year ago at the finish of a triathalon. I weighed in at about 210 there. That type of training saw me leave the weight room for about 3 months. Yes I lost some weight, but when I got back into the weight room, my bench press fell by about 60lbs, along with similar decreases in my squat and deadlift numbers.

The only thing that increased during the cut were my number of unweighted pull-ups. Took me about 5 months to get my strength levels back to where they were and start making gains again. Right now I am up to about 235-240 and am hitting PRs again.

SO, I went from gainer, to loser, back to gainer. The cut had some beneficial effects, like a general increase in cadio endurance, and I can see more veins now, but I still wonder what my strength levels would be now if I had not done the cut. As for my current plan, I intend to stick to gaining until I can’t fit through most doorways.