Are You A Liberal Or Conservative?

I’m a liberal democrat and fiercely proud of it.

JeffR

A scale for the measurement of ones politico-economic beliefs is ill-served by viewing the spectrum in “right vs. left” or “conservative vs. liberal” terms. Rather the proper should probably be viewed as the following:

Statism vs Liberty

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
kroby wrote:

The list of questions show a proclivity towards non liberal thinkers. As such, it is biased. I’m guessing that this bias is what you have issue with. Fair enough.

Uhhhh…if one only has two options to choose from it is a binary state. Everything else you have written is wrong. There is no such thing as a neutral state in regard to opinion…the mere fact that one would call themselves “neutral” is in fact an opinion and therefore not neutral. [/quote]

“I don’t care” is neutral.

But neither answer is a wrong answer!

Negative voltage?

I am just guessing that if you had read and answered the statements as true or false “to you,” you didn’t like the result. And that’s the problem. Not that true / false tests are conditionally flawed or mis-representative of some ideal.

Come on, are your undies so much in a bunch over this?

Have you stopped beating your wife?
no- disciplinary conservative
yes- disciplinary liberal

[quote]JeffR wrote:

JeffR[/quote]

You wish, homo.

Conservative but not Republican.

[quote]merlin wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I have to say the questions have a definite liberal bias.

It is a lame test.

Correct! The media is controlled by what 90% of those that label themselves “liberals” or have that label given to them based on some inaccurate labels. Even the first question should be changed for what it really is …but the lables given to murderers soften the blow a little with “abortion” as a nice comforting term.

In a more realistic world …the question would be "Do you agree that all women should be allowed to kill their babies if they want to? It’s called “Pro-Choice” …nice ring to that one I must admit. I prefer “License For Murder Law”.

merlin[/quote]

I propose the pro-life candidates must now say “Anti-Choice” instead.

Or perhaps “Pro-Forcing you to have a horrible life”

I consider myself to be republican becasue I agree with a hand full more Republican ideas than I do Democratic. I do however have some liberal philosophy ingrained in my beliefs as well. But mostly it boils down to the fact that I don’t like anti-goverment agenda. There are too many big mouth liberals out there that want to point the finger at their gov’t. These are the same people that don’t actually have a solution to anything either.

Our gov’t definitely has issues and there are tons of issues that could and should be addressed differently, don’t get me wrong. I find critiscism given without a viable solution to the problem very weak. Oh…and I don’t like hippies lol

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
merlin wrote:
rainjack wrote:

It is a lame test.

Correct! The media is controlled by what 90% of those that label themselves “liberals” or have that label given to them based on some inaccurate labels. Even the first question should be changed for what it really is …but the lables given to murderers soften the blow a little with “abortion” as a nice comforting term.

In a more realistic world …the question would be "Do you agree that all women should be allowed to kill their babies if they want to? It’s called “Pro-Choice” …nice ring to that one I must admit. I prefer “License For Murder Law”.

merlin

Or perhaps “Pro-Forcing you to have a horrible life”[/quote]

Or maybe “Pro - Keep your damn knees together and find validation with your clothes on”?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
merlin wrote:
rainjack wrote:

It is a lame test.

merlin

Or “anti-baby dismemberment”

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

I was discussing this with my Catholic, “pro-life” father-in-law who loves to say, “pro-choice? Wasn’t it a choice to have sex or not?”

The whole problem I have with using the emotive “pro-life” and “pro-choice” labels is that by choosing one side one is seen as anti-the-other-side by people who hold that opposing view.

Life may begin at conception but who really cares about a fertilized egg? I think defending the life and liberty of a birthed fetus is much more important as that represents a larger investment. Do fetuses really have rights or they considered property?

according to Wikipedia:

Are we expected to uphold the rights of those whom nature has not yet even bestowed birth upon?

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
JeffR wrote:

JeffR

You wish, homo.[/quote]

What? He actually is.

He is so deep into statism it really does not matter from where he went into that intellectual swamp.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

Pro-making your moral judgements for you.

And enforce it with a gun.

With money extorted from you.

Kind of like thiefing, bullying nannies.