Are You A Beginner II

[quote]Original_Demon wrote:
Bless you Vroom!!!

This thread should be bumped atleast once a day!!!

OD[/quote]

Or stickied! :slight_smile:

Nice article

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-104-training

‘smart from the start’

Some great exercises for beginners:

-Assisted push-ups:

Get someone to place a swiss ball on your upper back and to push down on it while you do push-ups. The following is a great article on push-ups: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1426252

• Chin-ups, narrow grip, ? motion, palms facing you:

I love this exercise to build the biceps. Do the chin-up but not the full motion, only the top half, i.e. when your upper arm is parallel to the ground, don’t go any lower.

• Reverse Rows, narrow grip, palms facing you:

This is a great exercise to build you back and biceps because you can’t cheat. This way you’ll know if your really progressing.

• Push-ups with bar, narrow grip, palms facing you:

This will kill your triceps. Place a bar as low as possible on the squat rack. Now do push-ups on the bar with a supinated grip. The bar should be at the level of your navel. If it’s too easy get someone to push on you with a swiss ball.

I’ve been working out for over a year, but after reading ur article, I guess I’m one of those who looked the same everyday. Thanks for the wake up call and I’m one week into ur work out routine and look forward to the change.

Yes sigh I am a beginner.
This article, along with the additional threads to other articles, has helped me answer a lot of questions I have had, and luckily were not stupid enough to ask them before I read this article for ‘beginners’.

Thank you!

-gchc

Just wanted to add to the list of “thank you’s”. Great post!

I guess that I would be considered a beginner. Great site. Just found it the other day. Looking forward to a good time and the help I can get here.

Hola!!!1

Hey, I don’t read this thread very often, but I think it is well past time that I said thanks to EVERYONE who dropped by or PM’d me to give props.

Reading this thing is a trip down memory lane…

Anyhow, I didn’t want to end up saying thanks a million times and filling up the thread, so I kept putting it off. Thanks everyone!

Hey…i’m 23 and started lifting 2-3 months ago
here’s my program, please evaluate it
exercise - sets - reps

Upper Body Push
Shoulder Press 4 “5-10”

Incline Dumbbell Press 3 “10-12”

Lateral Raises 3 “10-12”

Close Grip Bench Press 3 “5-10”

Bench Dips 2 “5-10”

Lower Body
Front Squats 5 “5-10”
Quad Dominant
Weighted Crunches 4 “10-15”

Off

Pull ups or Pull Downs 4 “5-10”

Incline bench Dumbbell Rows 2 “10-12”

Seated Rows 2 “10-12”

Barbell Curls 2 “5-10”

Reverse Curls 2 “5-10”

Lower Body Hip
Deadlifts 5 “2-3”
Dominant
Romanian Deadlifts 3 “10-12”
Plank 3
Side Plank 2

Next 2 days off

Good job bro! All the infor on this site came be overwhelming…especially to a a beginner like myself. Kudos!

I want to give Vroom a big thanks, for the information in his post is wonderful. It will really help me on my way to gaining knowledge on weight lifting and nutrient. Allso want to thank every one else in this thread that has contributed there usfull links, and knowledge. i can not come to thank you guys enough. We are truly blessed with the information T-Nation delivers us.

excellent read. thank you. i might as well bump this to the top.

I agree, I was really intimidated when I first started working out. I feel a lot better now that I’ve been going on a regular basis.
Thank you for the tips.

Maria Dee

I would like to add to this and important tip for all beginners on the forums:

Do not listen to ANYTHING ZeusNathan says. He is always wrong.

Great job …!! very helpfull…

im new 2 this how do i create a post thanks

[quote]m14rky wrote:
im new 2 this how do i create a post thanks[/quote]

From the main page of the Beginner’s forum, or whichever appropriate forum, click the POST button (at the top right of the screen) to start a thread of your own.

Just wanted to say that was a great read, not just for total beginners but most people with a few years training behind then should read their way through this too. If you don’t mind I’ll post a link to this in another forum I belong to

[quote]Typhon wrote:
Just wanted to say that was a great read, not just for total beginners but most people with a few years training behind then should read their way through this too. If you don’t mind I’ll post a link to this in another forum I belong to[/quote]

Agreed.

Great job Vroom!!