Are We All Capable of Violence? (BBC News)

serious question?
Fucking of course we are. Anybody that thinks otherwise just isn’t able to look into their own mind at all, has never been angry enough, hurt enough, desperate enough, etc.

If you’re not willing to resort to violence to help, or even save, yourself, you’ll do it for someone you love.
I guess there might be a very select few who really don’t give a shit about anything or anybody, including themselves, but they’ve probably killed themselves already anyways.

I’ve never been in a fight in my life. Very non-violent. I work with children diagnosed with Autism, and I think I could kill without remorse if someone hurt any of the children I have worked with. Just the idea sets me on fire.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

anyone who thinks “ordinary humans” are not capable of violence will be in for a surprise should all of the electricity suddenly be cut off and we are suddenly left to fend for ourselves with no grocery stores or other conveniences.

It is easy to pretend you are sophisticated as long as you can hide behind a structured society. People don’t fight anymore, they sue each other…or call the police. You take away these structures and all you are left with is survival instinct.

The real question isn’t whether humans are capable of violence. The real question is how many of these softer new era humans would survive 10 minutes should the lights go out and their cell phones stop working.[/quote]

Fuckin A, brotha. I couldnt have said it better.

We as humans are designed to protect what is ours. Family, food and possessions. I have zero problem with taking it to the max. Anyone harms my daughter and I will retaliate. If the damage is sever or rape is involved I will get arrested to get the motherfucker. There is no doubt and there would be no hesitation. I am a violent person and I control it by exercising until I’m exhausted and meditating to calm my inner beast. I wasn’t in such control in my early years. Back then it was a good ass kicking (usually mine) that kept me in line.