T Nation

Are Waist Trimmer Belts Any Good?

I am having a very hard time getting rid of my belly and love handles. I was doing some research on those waist trimmer belts and found surprisingly many positive reviews on several sites. Has anyone here used such a belt?

thanks

no

serially?

how would wearing a belt help the body burn body fat.

what are you eating?
and what are you doing for exercise?

[quote]Philly wrote:
I am having a very hard time getting rid of my belly and love handles. I was doing some research on those waist trimmer belts and found surprisingly many positive reviews on several sites. Has anyone here used such a belt?

thanks[/quote]

‘Miss Scarlet, you done had a baby. Your waist ain’t never gonna be eighteen inches again.’

[quote]Philly wrote:
“found surprisingly many positive reviews on several sites.”
thanks[/quote]

WHERE?

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Philly wrote:

thanks

‘Miss Scarlet, you done had a baby. Your waist ain’t never gonna be eighteen inches again.’[/quote]

Surprisingly this is more or less the scene that goes through my head when someone is reefing on my belt to get it shut.

I wore one of these when I was in high school, thinking it would shrink my love handles. I remember wearing it under my football uniform to enhance its “magic.” Hell I tore that fucker off before halftime, as I felt myself overheating. They don’t work for shit, but if you feel compelled to make someone else richer by all means go ahead.

[quote]Philly wrote:

thanks[/quote]

You have been a registered member here for almost two years. You have over 100 forum posts. Have you ever actually read a damn thing written here?

The only way to do a spot reduction is by the way of surgery.

Through diet and exercise you can reduce your bodyfat and modify your body composition to where genetic predetermination won’t be an issue anymore. That is one of the things this site can help you accomplish if you are serious about it.

I suggest you quit fucking around and stop trying to find an easy way out, it doesn’t exist.

[quote]R@NE wrote:
Philly wrote:

thanks

You have been a registered member here for almost two years. You have over 100 forum posts. Have you ever actually read a damn thing written here?

The only way to do a spot reduction is by the way of surgery.

Through diet and exercise you can reduce your bodyfat and modify your body composition to where genetic predetermination won’t be an issue anymore. That is one of the things this site can help you accomplish if you are serious about it.

I suggest you quit fucking around and stop trying to find an easy way out, it doesn’t exist.
[/quote]

lol mother fucker you just got told!!!

Fuck yes. Fasten one end around your neck, the other to a lamp-post. Hang. Repeat if necessary.

While I agree that you will not see much results, I do remember reading an article on here, I think it was Berardi, he said that he had started wearing his weight belt when doing his morning cardio. The logic was that keeping the abs warm would improve blood circulation in the area, possibly causing more fat to be burned from that area instead of the legs.

It does make some sense, but you have to remember that not much fat is burned during cardio, and at best you would be only changing slightly were it’s coming from. Far greater results would come from dieting. I never tried it so I can’t say if it has any effect at all.

Even if it did do something, you still wouldn’t need to buy a special “waist trimmer belt” just use your regular weight belt.

As a poster said above, there is no way to spot reduce one certain area of the body other than having surgery. Another solution would be to make everything bigger…When everything is HYOOOGE, your love handles won’t look so big.

[quote]G87 wrote:
Fuck yes. Fasten one end around your neck, the other to a lamp-post. Hang. Repeat if necessary.[/quote]

while i understand the stupidity of the OPs question, be careful what you tell people on here…we don’t want a “bb.com” issue on our hands.

OP, answer = no.

I agree: do not, under any circumstances, put a waist trimmer belt around your neck…

HAHA

hahah the ops question and then that picture just made me choke on my food! dammit!

[quote]roybot wrote:
I agree: do not, under any circumstances, put a waist trimmer belt around your neck…[/quote]

WIN.

I would no give and advice for wearing the weight belt -cause I’ve never used one- but you can try giving some move at that place, like the total legs raising, or change you cardio work, doing sprints instead of fartlek, or divide your training in two, for example, train cardio 30 min in the morning and lifting weigths in the afternoon.

Changing every month the cardio routine -running, jogging, rowing, boxing, etc… using large muscles exercices -clean and jerk, clean and press, snatch, deadlifts-, drink a lot of cold water, don’t eating sugars before 17:00 hrs, the choice it’s yours. The waist trimmer are good? dunno, but how much does it cost? so if it dont work you can always throw it to the trash can.